none
Downloading schedule

Frage

• Hi,

I am using WSUS deployment in my organization. It is set to download matadata & update file at the same time. I want to change it to downlowd only matadata first and update file after approval. Now my concern is that Will it download update files at next synchronization time or just after approval? How can we scedule update file download?

Other thing that I want to clear out: My understanding is downloading express update file will consume more internet bandwith compared to standard files. Am I right?

Thanks in Advance..... 

Vipin Tyagi (MCSE 2003) Windows Admin

Freitag, 30. November 2012 14:12

Antworten

• I want to change it to downlowd only matadata first and update file after approval.

This is actually the default configuration. I'm intrigued that you would have changed this in the first place.
    Now my concern is that Will it download update files at next synchronization time or just after approval?
    It queues the files for download immediately upon approval.
    How can we scedule update file download?
    By configuring the Background Intelligent Transfer Service options. See Improve WSUS Download Performance with BITS in the WSUS Technical Reference Guide.
    Other thing that I want to clear out: My understanding is downloading express update file will consume more internet bandwith compared to standard files. Am I right?
    Yes. But Express Installation Files is a legacy scheme that had relevance 5-6 years ago. There is no legitimate reason today, in 2012, why you would ever want to implement Express Installation Files. You can read more about Express Installation Files in the WSUS Deployment Guide.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin

• Als Antwort markiert Abhay Tyagi Samstag, 1. Dezember 2012 12:38
    Samstag, 1. Dezember 2012 00:23