none
WSUS - User Role Security

Frage

• Hi all.

Is there any way in WSUS to limit who can access the WSUS Management Console? Right now, anyone knowing the server name can connect to WSUS and their role is Administrator.

I don't manage the server, i'm just using the console but i was just curious if this is possible.

Thanks.

Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013 13:50

Antworten

• Because the users are local admins they would have access to WSUS. The only way to restrict the users is to remove them as local admins.
    • Als Antwort markiert Gary__100 Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013 17:10
    Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013 17:08

Alle Antworten

• Because the users are local admins they would have access to WSUS. The only way to restrict the users is to remove them as local admins.
    • Als Antwort markiert Gary__100 Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013 17:10
    Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013 17:08
  • The only way to restrict the users is to remove them as local admins.

Not quite correct.

Account may be not in local administrator group, but successfully administrate WSUS, because this  account belongs to *WSUS Administrators* group on server.

IF users accounts not  a member of the local Administrators group,also it necessary to check that these accounts (which must be restricted) don't belong to *WSUS Administrators* group.

Maxim Sinel'nikov

Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013 19:25
  • Exactly, thanks for correcting me. So we need to restrict the users by removing them from both local admin as well as WSUS Admin groups.
    Freitag, 11. Januar 2013 12:37