none
Server 2012 Essentials Migration mode install

Frage

• Hello all,

I am installing 2012 Essentials on a 2012 Hyper-V server. Source server is 2008 SP2 DC with DHCP added, both servers are on the same private virtual switch and can ping each other.

On the Domain Information screen I enter the correct Company.local domain name and a domain admin account and get an error under the domain field: Your full domain name is not correct or reachable. Verify your domain and then try again.

Source server has passed the Migration Prep Tool, I have added DHCP on the source server, Target server is connecting to DHCP and getting proper IP address, can ping Company.local and SourceServer.company.local

What else can I check?

Thanks,

Sharon.

Freitag, 15. Februar 2013 22:34

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• you dont say (lll assume it can, but worth checking)

can it ping just the hostname of the source server?

if you enter, nslookup, what result do you get.

if you do nslookup on the IP address of the source server - what do you get?

Robert Pearman SBS MVP
    itauthority.co.uk | Title(Required)
    Facebook | Twitter | Linked in | Google+

Samstag, 16. Februar 2013 12:29
  • In reply to roberts question, Yes it resolves ping to Sourceserver name, nslookup on the Destination server (Shift F10) givs the sourceserver.company.local as the NS and the source server IP resolves back to the FQDN
    Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013 20:04
  • Just had the same issue - problem was that the source server had two IP addresses (I vaguely remember having issues with this before)

Using the other IP address and everything worked

Mittwoch, 27. März 2013 05:44