none
Error 13042 after uninstalling Sharepoint

Frage

• I have a Server 2008 R2 that I had a install of Sharepoint 2013 on and after uninstalling Sharepoint I am getting a WSUS error of 13042.

I had not done my homework fully on the compatibilities of Sharepoint and WSUS during the install so I have tried to go though all the other articles on Error 13042 and see if those will help and so far no. I have Anonymous Access enabled and I don't have SSL on. Also, there is no Sharepoint site in IIS7.

I was wondering where else Sharepoints could have gotten it's hooks even after a uninstall and reinstall of WSUS. On the reinstall of WSUS I did make WSUS have it's own site in IIS and that at least got me working to let clients connect and download updates.

Thanks for any help

Dienstag, 2. April 2013 12:33

Antworten

• I have a Server 2008 R2 that I had a install of Sharepoint 2013 on and after uninstalling Sharepoint I am getting a WSUS error of 13042.

I had not done my homework fully on the compatibilities of Sharepoint and WSUS during the install so I have tried to go though all the other articles on Error 13042 and see if those will help and so far no. I have Anonymous Access enabled and I don't have SSL on. Also, there is no Sharepoint site in IIS7.

I was wondering where else Sharepoints could have gotten it's hooks even after a uninstall and reinstall of WSUS. On the reinstall of WSUS I did make WSUS have it's own site in IIS and that at least got me working to let clients connect and download updates.

Thanks for any help

Usually after having sharepoint and wsus on a server, the best practice is to rebuild the server to get WSUS working agian.
    Dienstag, 2. April 2013 15:27

Alle Antworten

Thanks for any help

Usually after having sharepoint and wsus on a server, the best practice is to rebuild the server to get WSUS working agian.
    Dienstag, 2. April 2013 15:27
  • That is something I would like to avoid as this is the only server at that location at the moment.
    Dienstag, 2. April 2013 15:46
  • That is something I would like to avoid as this is the only server at that location at the moment.

The EventID 13042 is generated because the uninstallation of Sharepoint adversely affected the functionality of the /selfupdate v-dir on the Default Web Site.

Specifically what happens is a function of which version of Sharepoint was installed, and what was done to implement /selfupdate functionality in the Sharepoint environment. I don't have any personal knowledge of the co-existence capabilities of WSUS v3 and Sharepoint 2013. Last time anybody seriously tried to put Sharepoint and WSUS on the same server was with WSS v3 and that was a pain in the neck. WSUS and Sharepoint Server have never co-existed.

So, essentially what needs to be done in this situation is the /selfupdate v-dir needs to be repaired.

If the /selfupdate v-dir is not present, you'll need to recreate it, with anonymous access permissions, and map it to %ProgramFiles%\Update Services\selfupdate.

If the /selfupdate v-dir is present, check to make sure it does have anonymous access, and that it's not configured to use SSL. Same requirements apply to the Default Web Site -- anonymous and no SSL.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013 15:18