none
How Large in size a patch repository of WSUS Server should be?

Frage

• Hello,

As I have checked my patch repository, the total size of patches downloaded on server is around 5GB. But I want to know the average total size of whole downloaded patches on WSUS server.

How Large in size a patch repository of WSUS Server should be?

Thanks,

Amit Kumar Sharma

Mittwoch, 6. März 2013 09:31

Antworten

• As I have checked my patch repository, the total size of patches downloaded on server is around 5GB.

Congratulations!!!!!

But I want to know the average total size of whole downloaded patches on WSUS server.

I have typically advised that anything <10GB is "healthy", but this presumes a single-language server with Express Installation Files disabled. Multi-language servers may download additional content (depending on operating systems selected).

Typically my servers hover around the 8GB mark on good days. I've recently migrated my installation of Patch Manager (which I use to automate the Server Cleanup Wizard), so it hasn't run in a few weeks. Currently my store is 14.2GB, and earlier this week I declined several dozen updates, so almost certainly a few GB of that content is about to go bye-bye when I re-enable my Saturday morning SCW run this weekend.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Donnerstag, 7. März 2013 01:59