none
Approve some patches of a synchronization at the same time

Frage

• Hi,

Can anybody tell me whether it is possible to choose several patches of a synchronization for being approved at the same time?

In January, I had a synchronization of more than 500 patches (at that time I hadn't a policy for automatically approve my patches) and it's a little hard to approving one by one. For example, I've great blocks of critical patches for windows 7 x64 and it would be desirable approving all at once.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Freitag, 8. Februar 2013 14:11

Antworten

• Can anybody tell me whether it is possible to choose several patches of a synchronization for being approved at the same time?

Create a Custom Update View based on the Product Category(s) and Update Classification(s) of interest.

Filter for NotApproved and Needed updates.

Select All and Approve.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Samstag, 9. Februar 2013 00:19

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

Can anybody tell me whether it is possible to choose several patches of a synchronization for being approved at the same time?

In January, I had a synchronization of more than 500 patches (at that time I hadn't a policy for automatically approve my patches) and it's a little hard to approving one by one. For example, I've great blocks of critical patches for windows 7 x64 and it would be desirable approving all at once.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

The only way I would know to so this, is to only choose that product and/or classification before you sync and then you could have those patches auto approved. I use a more manual approach to patching. I decline those products not in our environment, approve patches for servers, then approve patches for everything else for the test group. After that, I am done for a week or until testing is completed.
    Freitag, 8. Februar 2013 19:51
  • Can anybody tell me whether it is possible to choose several patches of a synchronization for being approved at the same time?

Create a Custom Update View based on the Product Category(s) and Update Classification(s) of interest.

Filter for NotApproved and Needed updates.

Select All and Approve.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

Samstag, 9. Februar 2013 00:19