none
Why cant i see my client machine???

Frage

• I have a Windows Server 2008 server Domain, i've setup DNS correctly and setup DHCP. Well, both Windows 7 and Windows XP client machines have indicated successful connection to my server however, the Windows 7 machine doesnt show up in my users and workgroups container in my Windows Server 2008 container. I am able to ping both ways and everything ive setup to my knowledge. My Windows XP client shows up and thats fine but Windows 7 is not playing ball. Can anyone through some light on the situation???? Any help would be appreciated.

Abdul Azim

Samstag, 9. Juni 2012 13:46

Antworten

• ....Thankyou, but as i did say, i was joining them to a W2k08 Domain. The resolution i figured out was because i was creating this logical Domain using Virtual PC, this required the VM updates to install in order to allow this transaction. After which its all up and running, Lovely jobbly! :-) thanks for your help!

Abdul Azim

• Als Antwort markiert Azim1980 Samstag, 9. Juni 2012 18:53
    Samstag, 9. Juni 2012 18:53

Alle Antworten

• Are you joining domain? Pleas post unedited ipconfig /all from server and problem client.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Tag als Antwort aufgehoben Azim1980 Samstag, 9. Juni 2012 18:53
    Samstag, 9. Juni 2012 13:51
  • ....Thankyou, but as i did say, i was joining them to a W2k08 Domain. The resolution i figured out was because i was creating this logical Domain using Virtual PC, this required the VM updates to install in order to allow this transaction. After which its all up and running, Lovely jobbly! :-) thanks for your help!

Abdul Azim

Samstag, 9. Juni 2012 18:53
  • Hi Azim,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. They can be helpful to other community members who face similar problems.

Best Regards

Kevin

TechNet Community Support

Montag, 11. Juni 2012 04:39