none
Eventid 10154: The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs: WSMAN

Question

• Hi there I am running Windows SBS 2011 Standard edition.

I have a bunch of errors which are preventing me from getting my server into production, I will be discussing two here now.

The errors I am getting are the 10154

The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs: WSMAN/SERVER.easternscript.local; WSMAN/SERVER.

Additional Data
     The error received was 8344: %%8344.

User Action
     The SPNs can be created by an administrator using setspn.exe utility.

and I am also getting EventID 10149

The WinRM service is not listening for WS-Management requests.

User Action
     If you did not intentionally stop the service, use the following command to see the WinRM configuration:

winrm enumerate winrm/config/listener

I have a read several threads on 10154 and  was unable to fix the problem.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchange2010/thread/1a141035-1c5d-4fcb-90c0-573b7e7800a6

dsacls "CN=AdminSDHolder,CN=System,DC=mycomputersdomain,DC=local" /G "S-1-5-20:WS;Validated write to service principal name"

Althrough this completed properly without error, when restarting the winrm service it still gives the same errors.

I tried doing so manually by opening ADSI Edit, Selecting my domain, right clicking Domain Controller, Properties, Advanced, Add Network Service, then when I go to the object tab I have no option for Validated Write to Service Principal name.

Maybe I am missing something here...

Please help me out :-) thanks

Friday, February 08, 2013 7:32 PM

Answers

• I found out NAP Policy Service wasn't running.

Once I set it to automatic, and restarted the errors went away

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hello Puffy,
    look at this: The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs.

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 08, 2013 11:19 PM
  • I have tried the solutions outline there as well, the problem for me is that when I get to the point where I am to add the NETWORK SERVICE Write Permission using ADSI Edit I can not because the Validated write to service principal name doesnt appear. I get all the way to adding network service but the option isn't there.
    Monday, February 11, 2013 2:57 PM
  • I found out NAP Policy Service wasn't running.

Once I set it to automatic, and restarted the errors went away

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:52 PM
  • Hello Puffy,
    thank you for feedback, good work !!!

Regards,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:17 PM