none
Cannot add Clickonce as RemoteApp

Question

• In the RemoteApp Wizard, I browse for my 'appref.ms' refference.

Default extentions include *.exe, *.com, *.scr, *.bat, and *.cmd; I browse for *.*

I add my appref.ms to the RemoteApps list.

Click Next;

Wizzard responds:

Adding 1 program

Program list:

DirectBuy Client.appref-ms
        Path:
         RemoteApp available through TS Web Access: Yes
        Allow command-line arguments: No

I click finish.

However, the application does not appear in my RemoteApps Manager, RemoteApps list!

How can Clickonce Publish?

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 9:37 PM

Answers

• We are not correctly grabbing the path for clickonce publications and I will file a bug on this issue, so it can be addressed before release.  As a work around, create a .cmd file that opens your Clickonce publish application.  So for example, if your clickonce program is c:\MyApp.appref-ms, Create a cmd file such as MyApp.cmd and add the following line:

start c:\MyApp.appref-ms

Then publish the CMD file instead of the ClickOnce application.

Cheers.

Friday, July 13, 2007 1:11 AM

All replies

•  

Thanks for reporting this issue. I'll find out if there is a workaround and get back to you.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:02 PM
  • We are not correctly grabbing the path for clickonce publications and I will file a bug on this issue, so it can be addressed before release.  As a work around, create a .cmd file that opens your Clickonce publish application.  So for example, if your clickonce program is c:\MyApp.appref-ms, Create a cmd file such as MyApp.cmd and add the following line:

start c:\MyApp.appref-ms

Then publish the CMD file instead of the ClickOnce application.

Cheers.

Friday, July 13, 2007 1:11 AM
  •  I tried to use this workaround... In my case there is online ClickOnce application, which is launched by
    file://server/App.application kind of url...

If I create cmd file like
    start file://server/App.application
    and run it... it opens application...
    But when I create rdp shortcut to this cmd and run it it just opens blank screen of command promt for a moment and closes then

Any solutions?
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 5:08 AM
  • Has anyone come up with a solution to this yet?

There's a similar question on StackOverflow about it, too:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/106164/clickonce-online-only-application-as-a-ts-remoteapp

This was marked as a "bug" in 2007, apparently, so why does this issue still persist in 2010?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Configure the remoteapp as C:\windows\Explorer.exe C:\MyApp.appref-ms
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:19 AM