none
"gpresult /h gpreport.html" = "ERROR: The parameter is incorrect"

Question

• Hello,

I've done a windows 2012 server core installation and after having troubles applying updates (problem was solved using this <http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/windows-update-error-code-8024a000/562845f3-78d5-42a0-bed5-e3fd39f01df7?auth=1>), I came across my next problem. All windows updates are applied up to the 19th of February 2013.

As mentioned the 2012 server core installation has currently no additional services installed (it is default core installation) and it is (only) a member server of our Corporate Active Directory.

I'm able to use "gpresult /r" to see group policy debugging information, but when I try to use "gpresult /h gpreport.html" I get the following error: "ERROR: The parameter is incorrect". So it is currently impossible to generate a html page. The user running the gpresult command is member of the local administrator group.

(I'm able to use the /x option (f.ex. gpresult /x gpreport.xml, this works) but not /h.)

Did anyone else experience this problem?

Is there a solution?

Thanks a lot!

Didier

• Edited by didierlux Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:54 PM mention the /x option
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:51 PM

All replies