none
Windows 2003 SBS migration to Windows 2008R2 standard

Question

• I have set up the Windows 2008 R2 server on the network as a DC and migrated all of the FSMO roles to it as well as the catalog server.  When I try to demote the Windows 2003 SBS server, the first time I received an error stating: 

5005 The directory service was unable to transfer ownership of one or more floating single-master operation roles to other servers.

I waited an about an hour and tried it again and then I received many errors stating:

This domain controller will be unable to replicate with the source domain controller until this problem is corrected.

The dynamic deletion of the DNS record 'DomainDnsZones.XXX.XXXX.com. 600 IN A 10.10.0.15' failed on the following DNS server:

The dynamic deletion of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.ForestDnsZones.LAN.XXXXX.com. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 server.XXX.XXXXX.com.' failed on the following DNS server:

The deregistration of some DNS domain controller locator records was aborted at the time of this domain controller demotion because the DNS deregistrations took too long.

What is going wrong here?

Monday, November 28, 2011 5:50 PM

Answers

All replies