none
VPN config results in ping "general failure"

Question

• I have an SBS 2008 installation that has been running with no issues. When I enable VPN with the SBS wizard it immediately fails all network connectivity, pinging results in a "general failure" message. I have tried one "solution" configuring RRAS but with no success. Still looking for possible solutions.
    thanks
    Sunday, January 03, 2010 9:53 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

Thank you for your post here.

First of all, I'd like to suggest you to double check whether there is any Inbound Filters and Outbound Filters applied on the Intranet and Internet interfaces in the RRAS.

1. In the RRAS MMC, double click the Interface in RRAS server--->IPv4--->General.

2. In the General tab of the interface, make sure that there is not any Inbound Filters and Outbound Filters.

This post appears to be related to SBS2008. For peer experience and suggestions, you may wish to post to the SBS2008 newsgroup.  This will provide access to others who read the public newsgroups regularly who will either share their knowledge.

SBS 2008 NewsGroup

https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Monday, January 04, 2010 11:03 AM

All replies

•  

Hello,

Thank you for your post here.

First of all, I'd like to suggest you to double check whether there is any Inbound Filters and Outbound Filters applied on the Intranet and Internet interfaces in the RRAS.

1. In the RRAS MMC, double click the Interface in RRAS server--->IPv4--->General.

2. In the General tab of the interface, make sure that there is not any Inbound Filters and Outbound Filters.

This post appears to be related to SBS2008. For peer experience and suggestions, you may wish to post to the SBS2008 newsgroup.  This will provide access to others who read the public newsgroups regularly who will either share their knowledge.

SBS 2008 NewsGroup

https://connect.microsoft.com/sbs08/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Monday, January 04, 2010 11:03 AM
  • You may want to add a default route on your server as below:

Open Command prompt as administrator and type the following:

>route add -p 0.0.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.1{Your default gateway thats connected to your internet}

• Proposed as answer by Adam Łyskawa Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:32 PM
    Sunday, April 03, 2011 2:54 PM