none
error "ActiveX Component Can't Create Object Runtime Error 429"

Question

• i have a application designed in Visual basic 6 as front end and sql server 2005 as Backend. 
    I have sucessfully installed the applications in various networks many times and it works fine.
    But now, in one my clients network i have a problem while opening my application.

they have a totally three clients systems (2 on Win7 and 1 on XP) and One server.
    they ask us to make one of the win7 client as server and install the sql server on it.
    and my application is also work fine. both in admin account and in the user account 

and i have installed my applications in other two clients and set the ODBC connection to the server.
    But while i try to open the application it through me error "ActiveX Component Can't Create Object Runtime Error 429".
    I tried both in admin account and in the user account . 

I have asked thier IT, to provide full admin rights to the users. they said the user account has full permission.
    please provide me some solution in detail to sort the above issuse. and also let me know any procedure to check whether the user have right to access the dll or ocx files.
    Monday, September 03, 2012 1:53 PM

All replies

• i have a application designed in Visual basic 6 as front end and sql server 2005 as Backend. 
    I have sucessfully installed the applications in various networks many times and it works fine.
    But now, in one my clients network i have a problem while opening my application.

they have a totally three clients systems (2 on Win7 and 1 on XP) and One server.
    they ask us to make one of the win7 client as server and install the sql server on it.
    and my application is also work fine. both in admin account and in the user account 

and i have installed my applications in other two clients and set the ODBC connection to the server.
    But while i try to open the application it through me error "ActiveX Component Can't Create Object Runtime Error 429".

I have asked thier IT, to provide full admin rights to the users. they said the user account has full permission.
    please provide me some solution in detail to sort the above issuse. and also let me know any procedure to check whether the user have right to access the dll or ocx files.

• An example for office but it could be others.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828550

Might ask them here as there no longer are any microsoft vb6 forums.

http://vbcity.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=11

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, September 03, 2012 2:27 PM
  • Hi

This error may occur because the ActiveX or COM DLL being accessed is not
    registered on the system.

• Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or greater.
      • Reboot and delete and files in the TEMP folder on your PC.
        These are
        usually located in C:\Windows\Temp and in
        the %temp% environment variable.
      • Reinstall the component package that includes the DLL being accessed. This
        will register the DLL.
      • If problems continue, try the manual process below.

To register the DLL manually, perform the following:

• Run the command window as Administrator. This is usually located in Start - Programs - Accessories.
    • Change to the directory the DLL is located in; which is usually the
      Windows\System directory. On 64 bit systems, the DLL may be in Windows\syswow64.
    • Type the following at the command prompt:
      REGSVR32 file.dll
      where file.dll is the name of the DLL to be registered.
    • If a DLL entry-point DllRegisterServer error is received after
      running regsvr32, the DLL must be registered with RegAsm.exe instead. To do
      this, verify the .NET Framework 2.0 is installed and type the following at the
      command prompt:
      C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe
      /codebase /tlb file.dll

where file.dll is the name of the DLL to be registered
      and C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ is
      the path to the RegAsm.exe file

Good Luck

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:17 AM
  • Hi

This error may occur because the ActiveX or COM DLL being accessed is not
    registered on the system.

• Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or greater.
      • Reboot and delete and files in the TEMP folder on your PC.
        These are
        usually located in C:\Windows\Temp and in
        the %temp% environment variable.
      • Reinstall the component package that includes the DLL being accessed. This
        will register the DLL.
      • If problems continue, try the manual process below.

To register the DLL manually, perform the following:

• Run the command window as Administrator. This is usually located in Start - Programs - Accessories.
    • Change to the directory the DLL is located in; which is usually the
      Windows\System directory. On 64 bit systems, the DLL may be in Windows\syswow64.
    • Type the following at the command prompt:
      REGSVR32 file.dll
      where file.dll is the name of the DLL to be registered.
    • If a DLL entry-point DllRegisterServer error is received after
      running regsvr32, the DLL must be registered with RegAsm.exe instead. To do
      this, verify the .NET Framework 2.0 is installed and type the following at the
      command prompt:
      C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe
      /codebase /tlb file.dll

where file.dll is the name of the DLL to be registered
      and C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ is
      the path to the RegAsm.exe file

Good Luck

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

1. Try to check the application client prerequisites, turn off server computer firewall and antivirus software.
    2. Try KB867131 and KB919510.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867131
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919510
    3. If you have laptop working on other network, try to configure it in this network.

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards

Rick Tan

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:17 AM