none
Host message... Cannot connet to the Virtual machine. Try to connect again....

Question

• I cannot connect to 1 VM on a host, 5 others I can without issue. I can connect to the VM from RDP.

The Host is 08r2 as is the VM, all updates and have been FINE!

The host has these errors below in the Hyper-V-Worker event log.

failure in machine remoting system. Error: '%%2202337294' (0x8345000E).

My certs are good until 10/24/11

I cannot believe the certs have expired or may be corrupt, if they did or were the other VM's should not be accessible from the console, they are!

This points to an isolated issue, however I need assistance and this may point to another issue.

Thanks

Friday, April 01, 2011 5:20 AM

All replies

• Can you put the virtual machine into a "saved state" and then bring it back to running straight away and see if that fixes it?  (this will essentially close and restart the remoting code for the virtual machine)
    Cheers,
    Benjamin Armstrong
    ============================
    Windows Virtualization
    Senior Lead Program Manager

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.
    • Marked as answer by CJlindell Friday, April 01, 2011 9:24 PM
    Friday, April 01, 2011 7:37 AM
    Owner
  • I Will try this, I failed to mention I restarted the VM prior to the post as this seemed to have fixed a VM on another host about a month ago. That may have been similar or different as I did not experience it myself, only told that the VM console was unresponsive, I suggested bouncing it and it came back up normally.

I am concerned about Hyper-V as this is in a production Health care environment which could impact patients.

Why would save verses restart possibly address this?

Thanks

Friday, April 01, 2011 2:58 PM
  • Can you put the virtual machine into a "saved state" and then bring it back to running straight away and see if that fixes it?  (this will essentially close and restart the remoting code for the virtual machine)
    Cheers,
    Benjamin Armstrong
    ============================
    Windows Virtualization
    Senior Lead Program Manager

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

Save and restart worked! Thanks Ben
    Friday, April 01, 2011 9:25 PM