none
Hyper-v Integration Services API

Question

• I wonder if the integration services that comes with Hyper-v are available for public. What I mean by that are they part of SDK? How they are implemented and stuff like that. Is there a documented in more details somewhere on technet or msdn?
    • Moved by Vincent HuModerator Friday, June 18, 2010 5:21 AM (From:Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V)
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

On the Hyper-V host machine, you can navigate to C:\Windows\system32, there is a file named vmguest.iso. When you click Action > Insert Integration Services setup disk on Hyper-V Manager, it will mount the vmguest.iso to the CD/DVD of the virtual machine.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Friday, June 18, 2010 5:21 AM
  • Is your question in the context of writing your own integration service? Hyper-V does not suppor tthis today.

If so, what is the scenario you are targeting with your integration service?

Thanks,

Serdar Sutay [MSFT]
    Program Manager, Hyper-V
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 18, 2010 7:29 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

On the Hyper-V host machine, you can navigate to C:\Windows\system32, there is a file named vmguest.iso. When you click Action > Insert Integration Services setup disk on Hyper-V Manager, it will mount the vmguest.iso to the CD/DVD of the virtual machine.

Best Regards,

Vincent Hu

Friday, June 18, 2010 5:21 AM
  • Is your question in the context of writing your own integration service? Hyper-V does not suppor tthis today.

If so, what is the scenario you are targeting with your integration service?

Thanks,

Serdar Sutay [MSFT]
    Program Manager, Hyper-V
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 18, 2010 7:29 PM
    Owner
  • One of the features this service provides is the heartbeat. I wonder if someone wants to take advantage of using those API to monitor VM what options do they have. If someone wants write an application that would invoke a shutdown (without logging) from parent partition, how one would do that. I'm looking at VMWare and there are some new development on that platform and wonder what is available from Microsoft for Hyper-V.
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:16 AM