none
Windows Server 8 Upgrades

Question

• Greetings all,

I know it is very early but I was wondering if there will be an upgrade path from R2 to Server 8. My company deals with a few businesses that have small failover clusters(1 hardware domain controller and 4 Hyper Server R2 nodes) using CSV and I'm interested in the whether the cluster can be upgraded or if it is going to have to be "torn down" and recreated. Any thoughts appreciated.

-Scott

Scott

Friday, March 23, 2012 3:47 PM

Answers

• Yes, it will be supported through the Windows Server "8" WSFC migration wizard. There is full support for Hyper-V VMs and CSV disks. Expect to see more details posted in the next few weeks...
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 4:20 AM

All replies

• Greetings all,

I know it is very early but I was wondering if there will be an upgrade path from R2 to Server 8. My company deals with a few businesses that have small failover clusters(1 hardware domain controller and 4 Hyper Server R2 nodes) using CSV and I'm interested in the whether the cluster can be upgraded or if it is going to have to be "torn down" and recreated. Any thoughts appreciated.

-Scott

Scott

The ones who know for sure are all under NDA :) 

-nismo

Friday, March 23, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Thanks - thought maybe it was something not covered by the NDA since the Server 8 beta is available now.

Scott

Friday, March 23, 2012 5:38 PM
  • Yes, it will be supported through the Windows Server "8" WSFC migration wizard. There is full support for Hyper-V VMs and CSV disks. Expect to see more details posted in the next few weeks...
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 4:20 AM
  • Thank you kindly for your response.

Scott

Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:52 PM