none
Slow internet + often have to refresh to get to site + newbie + fresh install

Question

• Hey everyone, to start off, I'm a newbie just trying to get through this w/ the non-profit I work for. We recently did a server re-install of WS2012 Essentials to make things more manageable for us since we have no official IT staff. The intranet is working great and the computers all see each other and share no problem but it's the internet that is slow. On any of the computers, mix of w7 and xp, we often have to refresh 2 or 3 times before a site will come up. Now I've heard that it might have to do w/ the DNS role and forwarding? 

We currently have a Cisco RSV4000 router as the DHCP server and the WS2012E as DNS, AD and DC. I've heard some ppl say that something to do would be to use forward external DNS to google's dns for instance. I have no idea how to do that, so please go easy on me :) Just because I'm sure I'll be asked.. here's a screenshot of the ipconfig /all command. Thanks for the help!

**For some reason my account says I ned to be verified, but I already had verified...so here's a link to the screen shot**
    http://postimage.org/image/nl6yb9ped/

Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:59 PM

Answers