none
There are no endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add a Windows Server 2003 R2 Std machine to my Windows 2008 R2 domain however, I keep getting the following error:

"There are no endpoints available from the endpoint mapper"

I have deleted the RPC registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs on the offending server and imported a the same key from a working server to no avail.

I have also sysprepped the server but encounter the same error when i attempt to the join the domain again.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how one might go about resolving?

Cheers

Thursday, August 05, 2010 1:29 PM

Answers

• Turns out one of the FW's was getting in the way. Briefly allowed IP any-to-any on the FW to validate this theory successfully.

Cheers for all the help provided.

• Marked as answer by Never Never Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:53 PM

All replies

• Do you have another computer you can use to join the domain for a test? I found a post where a virus was causing this problem
    I hope this information is useful.
    Thursday, August 05, 2010 1:46 PM
  • This does not cover all registry keys that control RPC behavior - refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839880 for the more comprehensive listing.

Configure the missing ones, disable firewall, and try again (you can also use suggestions from the above article to troubleshoot further)

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, August 05, 2010 1:46 PM
  • Tried several machines to no avail. I'll give Marcin's suggestion a try.
    Monday, August 09, 2010 3:20 PM
  • Turns out one of the FW's was getting in the way. Briefly allowed IP any-to-any on the FW to validate this theory successfully.

Cheers for all the help provided.

• Marked as answer by Never Never Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:53 PM