none
Linux IC 3.2 on CentOS 6.2

Question

• I am running into a problem installing IC 3.2 on CentOS 6.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. I am a windows guy dabbling in the linux ocean!!!

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:33 PM

Answers

• You are trying to run from a mounted CD ROM.  By default in Red Hat based Linux distributions, this is prohibited.  The easy fix is to copy the file(a) to a folder on the drive.  Use /home/user/downloads for example.  Then you can run the command from there.
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:26 AM
  • Become root (sudo su - ) and try to change the current directory and execute the install script from here then:

cd /media

./install.sh

Regards,

Hermann Maurer

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:10 PM

All replies

• You are trying to run from a mounted CD ROM.  By default in Red Hat based Linux distributions, this is prohibited.  The easy fix is to copy the file(a) to a folder on the drive.  Use /home/user/downloads for example.  Then you can run the command from there.
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:26 AM
  • Become root (sudo su - ) and try to change the current directory and execute the install script from here then:

cd /media

./install.sh

Regards,

Hermann Maurer

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Looks like there's a bug in the script. It doesn't descent in to the directory. So you need to cd in to /media yourself

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 1:34 PM
  • cd /media

./install.sh

Installing the Linux Integration Services for Microsoft Hyper-V...
    warning: kmod-microsoft-hyper-v-rhel6-43.1.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signat
    ure, key ID 6a39758c: NOKEY
    error: Failed dependencies:
            kernel(clocksource_register) = 0xd88be65d is needed by kmod-microsoft-hy
    per-v-rhel6-43.1.x86_64
    Kmod RPM installation failed, Exiting

Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:13 AM
  • I am also having this issue with cd /media not helping as I have already tried that

Saturday, December 01, 2012 3:25 AM
  • me too Brian Steingraber :(
    Saturday, May 04, 2013 8:00 AM