none
How to perform Disk Cleanup in Windows Server 2012?

Question

• How to perform Disk Cleanup in Windows Server 2012?  I tried coping cleanupmgr.exe to the System32 directory and cleanupmgr.exe.mui to the System32\en-us directory and it still did not work.

I do not see a way to enable the feature of Desktop experience that worked with Windows Server 2008R2.

Thursday, December 06, 2012 1:39 AM

Answers

• Hello,

We can see desktop Experience feature is being located under User interface and infrastructure feature.

See the below snap-shot.

Regards, Ravikumar P

• Marked as answer by Timothy.Ay Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:57 PM
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:52 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We can see desktop Experience feature is being located under User interface and infrastructure feature.

See the below snap-shot.

Regards, Ravikumar P

• Marked as answer by Timothy.Ay Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:57 PM
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:52 AM
  • Note that it will require you also to install the "Ink and Handwriting Service" feature and "Media Foundation".

And a restart.

A long one.

Just to be able to use the Disc cleanup.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:21 PM
  • i had the same problem but i have a q for Microsoft , what is got to do with disk cleaning with desktop exprience on windwos 8, please stop playing games and fix the 2012 ,  2008 r2 sp1 rocks but u guys really mass it up 2012 , we dont want stupid changes we want improvment to do things , 

lol to setup linux email server it takes , 30 min, to setup exchange 2013 , onee week, wake up please i am mcse... 

Prosysco

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:50 AM