none
The Windows logon process has unexpectedly terminated.

Question

• Hello,

I always get The Windows logon process has unexpectedly terminated error and then my windows server 2008 hangs up! 

after checking the event logs I found that the last log was  

Event ID 4005 - The Windows logon process has unexpectedly terminated.

I updated BIOS,  then I moved the harddisk to another physical system still same problem. :(  

I then changed the harddisk also ... still same problem :(   I used tuneup utilities 2013 to repair all registry errors ..

I don't have any bad sector on HD

registry is totally fine ! 

at the time of freezing CPU usage was 2% and RAM 9%   (  I have 16GB DDR3 RAM,  Intel xeon E3-1270 Processor )

I haven't installed any special third party software other than popular ones like firefox, chrome, Internet download manager,  VlC, filezilla and few others.. 

I have windows server 2008 standard x64  ( and updated too .. no more updates are available )  

my system keeps freezing at random 

help me :( plzzzzz  

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• i access the server via KVM or RDP ..   i have many users who login via RDP at the same time .. 

only I have admin access 

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:53 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please ensure the server has all latest update installed. In addition, try to boot the serve with clean boot, to check if the issue still persists. Please also check the event viewer to verify is there any related error showing up. For more detailed steps of troubleshoot Event ID 4005, you may refer to the following article. Hope it helps.

Event ID 4005 — Windows Logon Availability

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc734097(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Aiden

Aiden Cao

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:07 AM