none
there is not enough space on the disk (0x80070070)

Question

•  

I am don’t know much on Hyper servers, or infrastructure admin person ,,,  so please be patient,

I have Hyper V Machine, it was working perfectly yesterday. 

Today i fount the server has installed some updates and was restarted, all the machines that server have has worked properly except one it’s on save state, and when i start it I got the following exception  Uploaded with Error 1 And on the server event view i found this ...

'K2 BlackPoint-Office07' failed to restore. (Virtual machine ID C97B690F-FAD4-445B-B959-3115056F010D)

'K2 BlackPoint-Office07' could not initialize memory: There is not enough space on the disk. (0x80070070). (Virtual machine ID C97B690F-FAD4-445B-B959-3115056F010D)

'K2 BlackPoint-Office07' failed to create memory contents file 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V\Virtual Machines\C97B690F-FAD4-445B-B959-3115056F010D\C97B690F-FAD4-445B-B959-3115056F010D.bin' of size 5120 MB. (Virtual machine ID C97B690F-FAD4-445B-B959-3115056F010D)

The free space on C drive in about 1.5 G

The free space on the G drive (where the machine stay ) is 50 G

The free space of RAM is 7 and I gave the machine takes 5 ,

I notice the snapshot files on C , I changed it the same VHD file on G drive,

But same error I have when I start the machine.

Is it because the C drive don’t have much space I have hard time here ?! I can’t get free space before I make sure that the space is the problem.

Can you please help ASAP …. 

Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohd,

can you shutdown the other VMs to free space on C: and than start the VM?

Grüße/Regards Carsten Rachfahl MCT, MCITP, MCSA, CCA, Husband and Papa, www.hyper-v-server.de First German Gold Virtualisation Kompetenz Partner ---- If my answer is helpfull please mark it as answer or press the green arrow.
    • Marked as answer by Mohd Al-Bakri Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:37 AM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Mohd,

i think your configuration is left on drive C:. Than it is your low space on drive C:. As you mentioned there are only 1500MB space left. Your VM has 5120MB of memory configured. So when a VM starts it first creates a file with the extenssion ".bin" in the same directory where the VM Configuration files is. The ".bin" file has the size of the memory and its purpose is to make sure that there is enough space to save the memory in case you save the VM. 

So here is my sugestion: export the VM and import it on drive G: so that the configuration is also placed in G: and not only the VHD.

Grüße/Regards Carsten Rachfahl MCT, MCITP, MCSA, CCA, Husband and Papa, www.hyper-v-server.de First German Gold Virtualisation Kompetenz Partner ---- If my answer is helpfull please mark it as answer or press the green arrow.
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Thanks for you helo ,, i thought to do this before , just after i open this issue here ,,, 

i am having stange issue i dont know if it normal on hyper V cuz this is the first time i work on it ,,, 

after i do the import ,,,  its keep giving me Merge in progress as status ,,, and after its give 100% and merge success ,, its start over again ,, 

till now its the 3rd time ,, 

is it normal ?!

Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:35 AM
  • Hi Mohd,

a merge normaly happen when you delete a snapshot. HAve you done this?

Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:50 AM
  • i did't ,,, its kept merging till its consumed all the memory i have about 20 G ,, i need to delete the exported machine ,, try something else ,, 

Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:07 AM
  • Hi Mohd,

can you shutdown the other VMs to free space on C: and than start the VM?

• Marked as answer by Mohd Al-Bakri Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:37 AM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:13 AM
  • i did clean up some files in C ,, now its working thx man ,, 

Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:36 AM
  • Hi Mohd,

to not get the same problem again, I would recomend that you do the following:

1. shutdown the VM (not save)
    2. export it to drive G:
    3. delete the VM in hyper-v Manager
    4. import the VM

Saturday, June 18, 2011 11:45 AM