none
Add the first Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition to a domain already with Windows Servers 2003 R2 Standard edition

Question

• I'm going to add the first Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition  to a domain already with Windows Servers 2003 R2 Standard edition and I got this issue:

Active Directory Installation Wizard error
    The Active Directory Installation Wizard cannot continue because the forest is not prpared for installing Windows Server 2003
    Use the Adprep command-line tool to prepare both the forest and the domain.
    For more information about Adprep, see Active Directory Help.
    "The version of Acrive Directory schema of the source forest is not compatible with the version of Active Directory on this Computer."

I had already run Adprep for the domain I work with.
    What can I do ?

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 7:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Customer,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, Most likely this issue may occur when Active Directory has not been updated with the Windows Server 2003 R2 schema extensions.

To resolve this issue, you may need to run the adprep.exe /forestprep command from the Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition installation disk 2 on the original domain schema master DC. To do this, insert the Windows Server 2003 R2 installation disk 2, and then type the following command:

Drive:\CMPNENTS\R2\ADPREP\adprep.exe /forestprep

For your reference, please refer to the KB 917385

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917385

If the problem continues, please verify the operating system support level of the schema by using the Adsiedit.exe utility or the Ldp.exe utility to view the objectVersion attribute in the properties of the cn=schema,cn=configuration,dc=<domain> partition. The value of the Schema Version registry subkey and the objectVersion attribute are in decimal. The value should be 31 which represents Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Wilson Jia

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Wilson Jia Monday, September 07, 2009 2:04 AM
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 2:26 AM