none
Remove Role Configuration

Question

• Here is what I'm facing. I have an RRAS server that we use as our company VPN. While trying to setup L2TP/IPSEC I inadvertently broke something. After removing the roles involved (IIS,ADCA,ect.) I was able to vpn from a laptop in with no problems. However I cannot vpn from a mobile device, specifically androids. Now this worked before I broke something and it works fine on my iphone so I know its not a Telecom company blocking me. What I thought would be the simplest solution would be to just simply start over. Uninstall RRAS role and the Network Access and just redo it. However upon removing the role and a reboot all seems well until you go to install the role again. Upon a successful role install you go to routing and remote access and its already configured, with the settings that I had before which is what I DON'T want. Obviously removing the role doesn't really "remove" everything associated with that role as I have done this several different times just to see if there was some hitch in the process. So how in the world do you actually remove the configurations associated with a role if removing the role only simply makes it not usable..?
    Friday, December 07, 2012 10:26 PM

Answers

• Hiya,

My experience is either reinstall the server or know what configuration changes adding the role does, so you can revert it manually. Either way is extremely troublesome, so having a snapshot to revert to in terms of installation and/or test installation prior to installation in production is a recommendable.

All in all it comes down to the matter of knowing about your doing and knowing what to expect.

I don't know what the difference is between IOS and Android in terms of VPN, but I can't possibly think they work the same way.

Sunday, December 09, 2012 11:45 AM