none
Certificate Services changes with AD 2008 Upgrade

Question

• We are upgrading our domain from 2003 to 2008. We are adding new domain controllers and demoting the old. We have an existing 2008 server running the AD CA services. It is the enterprise root CA. It is just one server, no stand-alone or intermediate.

Are there any steps, as part of the AD upgrade, that I need to perform on the enterprise root CA? Or are certificate services something I don't need to worry about.

Thanks,

Paul

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:48 PM

Answers

• We are upgrading our domain from 2003 to 2008. We are adding new domain controllers and demoting the old. We have an existing 2008 server running the AD CA services. It is the enterprise root CA. It is just one server, no stand-alone or intermediate.

Are there any steps, as part of the AD upgrade, that I need to perform on the enterprise root CA? Or are certificate services something I don't need to worry about.

Thanks,

Paul

As far as I know, no need to perform any additional steps on existing CA. But, for second thought , please ask this in security forum 

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversecurity/threads

• Marked as answer by PaulWLuci Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:58 AM

All replies

Thanks,

Paul

As far as I know, no need to perform any additional steps on existing CA. But, for second thought , please ask this in security forum 

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversecurity/threads

• Marked as answer by PaulWLuci Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:58 AM
  • thank you.
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:00 AM