none
realtek 8187 wireless driver

Question

• Hi,

I have now Windows 2008 RC0 running on my ASUS P5K Premium, everything is detected 100% even my Raid0 set. I did use Windows 2003 R2 X64 on it before and could use everything.

Now I can't use the Realtek 8187 Wireless, the card is detected by devices only tells me it's not working. Yellow exclamation.

I did try to download several x64 drivers and also vista x64 drivers but nothing works. Anyone knows where to get a working drivers for this?

Sunday, December 02, 2007 3:56 PM

Answers

• Your welcome, I clicked on it and it opened, I also  copied the whole link and opened it up in another browser.  It went straight to it.  The website might of been hanging. Some times you have to close out of all your browsers and then reopen them when that happens and then go to the site.....  It was hanging on me when I first tryed to go to the site when I clicked on the link
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:36 PM

All replies

•  

hi im in the same boat. my laptop came with vista, but i installed XP on it. i had to install all of the drivers manually. but when it came to the realtek 8187b wireless card, it said that it doesnt support my opperating system. i have looked for other drivers for other operating systems, but so far no luck.

if anyone can give me a fix for this i'd be very happy. also i'm not very comfortable with going through the registry or anything like that.

thanks a lot Smile

Saturday, December 29, 2007 10:00 PM
  • do this in your drivers:

EDIT net8187.inf
    when you see:
    ;; IDs for 98SE/ME/2K/XP
    insert this line
    %RTL8187B.DeviceDesc% = RTL8187B.ndi, USB\VID_0BDA&PID_8197&REV_0200

Do this or your wireles wont work with WinXP.~

Many thanks to realtek for these XP faulty drivers ...... GRRR

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:42 AM
  • I have windows XP installed and tried this solution, but it still isnt working. Does anyone have a different solution?

Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:53 PM
  • I have an external Realteck Wi-Fi card and it is working fine, bought it from www.ccrane.com and it comes with XP and VISTA Drivers on it for the Realtek RTL8187B Wireless Card... The version of my external Realtek Wireless Card is 8187B.  This is the driver I am using Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mpbs USB 2.0 Network Adapter #2 
    Driver Version  5.1158.304.2009 

The driver version on the Realteck site is an older version then the one I have because I use an updater to update mine to the latest version after I installed the original drivers from the driver CD that came with my external Wi-Fi Card

You will find the driver on the Realteck website here

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

Just scroll down intell you see the driver for the RTL8187B..  both Vista and XP installers are on the installer, Just run the XP installer, follow the on screen prompts and it should work fine....

Let me know if this works
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:58 PM
  • Can't even access the site. Anyone else with this problem?

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:22 PM
  • What site are you refurring to nesavi?
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:24 PM
  • I am refering to the site you mentionedn in your first reply.

Thanks for the rapid reply by the way.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:31 PM
  • Your welcome, I clicked on it and it opened, I also  copied the whole link and opened it up in another browser.  It went straight to it.  The website might of been hanging. Some times you have to close out of all your browsers and then reopen them when that happens and then go to the site.....  It was hanging on me when I first tryed to go to the site when I clicked on the link
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:36 PM
  • to karlux:

Thanks a lot man,worked for me after many faulty drivers!
    Here's driver download link I used,edited .inf file in X64 folder and forced installation.

http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/Realtek-RTL8187B-Driver-6106302082007-WHQL-Download-25580.html

Regards! 
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:29 PM
  • Your welcome for the advise Kiowjv.  That's awsome that you were able to get the drivers working for your Realteck-RTL8187B...

Sincerely:  LION HEARTED
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:05 PM
  • I'm using this 8187B (internal) too with Win XP. Ever since using the latest version of driver, my laptop Toshiba L300-ST2501 hangs randomly, sometimes 5 min, sometimes 5 hrs. Sometimes, when I click repair the connection, it will show me disabling the device and its forever stuck there. Then I click on my Start button to Restart, and it will show me Windows is now shutting down, forever. And I have to force to press the power button.

Pls help me......
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 9:32 AM
  • I'm using this 8187B (internal) too with Win XP. Ever since using the latest version of driver, my laptop Toshiba L300-ST2501 hangs randomly, sometimes 5 min, sometimes 5 hrs. Sometimes, when I click repair the connection, it will show me disabling the device and its forever stuck there. Then I click on my Start button to Restart, and it will show me Windows is now shutting down, forever. And I have to force to press the power button.

Pls help me......
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 9:33 AM
  • In that situation what you can do is go into control panel, System, Select the correct Tab that will show the Device Manager option, Select Device Manager, Expand Network Adapters, double click your Wi-Fi card.  Select the driver tab.  Then select Roll Back Driver.  It will then roll your driver back the the previous driver that was working before you upgraded the driver.  Hope this helps..
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:07 AM