none
Can not send faxes from server 2003

Question

• Hello,

I have an external Sportster fax/modem connected to a 2003 file/print server. I can receive faxes, but can not send out. I get the following error in the event viewer ----

Event ID 32091 Microsoft Fax

The fax was not submitted successfully because a connection could not be made. The following error occurred 1747.

I found an article on the internet, I checked all and everything is set good on the 2003 server. I have another file/print server also 2003 with a Sportster fax/modem set, that setup can send/receive. I compared the settings in Fax Service Manager on both serves and they are both the same. I even disconnected the fax/modem from the working 2003 server, connected to the problem server and still can not send outbound.I checked the dip switches on both fax/modems, and they are the same, so not a hardware problem with the fax/modem. I checked services on both servers, and running.

Cazn someone offer any assistance why I can receive but not send faxes with this Sportster fax/modem connected to a 2003 server. I can not find/think of anything else to check.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to confirm that the fax server is configured correctly to send faxes:

1. Send a test fax.

2. Confirm that the server is configured to send.

3. Confirm that there is a correctly configured device.

4. Confirm that outgoing routing is configured correctly.

5. Confirm that the Fax service is running.

For details:

Event ID 32091 — Sent Fax Status
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736174(v=WS.10).aspx

Hope this helps!

Best Regards
    Elytis Cheng

Elytis Cheng

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to confirm that the fax server is configured correctly to send faxes:

1. Send a test fax.

2. Confirm that the server is configured to send.

3. Confirm that there is a correctly configured device.

4. Confirm that outgoing routing is configured correctly.

5. Confirm that the Fax service is running.

For details:

Event ID 32091 — Sent Fax Status
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736174(v=WS.10).aspx

Hope this helps!

Best Regards
    Elytis Cheng

Elytis Cheng

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:26 AM
  • It sounds like the error is saying that the Fax Service Client cannot connect to the Fax Service Server.  Are you running the client on the server, itself, or does the client communicate with the server over the network?  I'm going to guess that if it's done over the network that it's a firewalling issue or something of that nature, and otherwise I'd say that there is a problem with Winsock or something on the sytsem.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:54 PM