none
Runtime error 372

Question

• Just got new computers with Windows 7.  The program worked fine in Windows XP.  Having the following problem:

When trying to run a program housed on our server, I got the Runtime error 339.  Component 'sase.ocx' or one of its components or its dependecies not correctly regsitered: a file is missing or invalid.  I found some support online to fix this issue.  I ran the cmd prompt in admin mode and registered the .ocx.  Now when I try to run the program, I get Runtime error 372 - Failed to load control "SafeSerial' from sase.ocx.  Your version of sase.ocx may be outdated. 

I have tried to find info on how to fix this problem but have been unsuccessful.  Any help fixing this problem would be great.  Thank you.

Dan

Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since we have less information about the third party software, I recommend you contact the vendor of Sportspak which is the best resource for the product they developed. For your reference, here is the contact information for the Sportspak software vendor:

http://www.mvpsoftware.net/contact.php

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 18, 2010 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to confirm the following questions first:

1.    What program did you try to launch when encountering the Runtime Error 372?

2.    This issue occurred on all Windows 7 clients or only a few of them?

3.    Is there any new version for this software?

4.    Is this software full compatible with Windows 7?

I would like to suggest you contact the software vendor for the new version of sase.ocx or software. You may also check with them for the compatibility with Windows 7.

Since it works fine with Windows XP, I also would like to suggest you require further assistance in Windows 7 IT Pro Forum below:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 15, 2010 7:33 AM
  • Arthur, thank you for your reply.

I was able to get the program running by running as an administrator in windows xp compatibility mode.  Now we are running into an issue with the program called Sportspak, which is housed on our SQL server, running Windows SQL 2003.

The new error is:

[Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

We can access some of the features of the program, but cannot access the database that houses the bulk of our information. 

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Dan

Friday, October 15, 2010 6:51 PM
  • Hi,

Since we have less information about the third party software, I recommend you contact the vendor of Sportspak which is the best resource for the product they developed. For your reference, here is the contact information for the Sportspak software vendor:

http://www.mvpsoftware.net/contact.php

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Regards,

Monday, October 18, 2010 6:59 AM
  • I had a similar problem with a desktop app only it started after I installed SP1 for WIN7.  Before the SP, everything was OK.  Anyway, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942870 provided the solution.  I find it bizarre that in order to run my app, I have to lower my status from administrator to ordinary user, but it works. 
    Saturday, May 28, 2011 11:00 PM