none
Server 2012 Server Manager Refresh Failed

Question

• Whenever Server Manager tries to update I get the following error:

"Performance counter refresh failed with the following error: Data Collector Set was not found"

I've been looking all over and can't find anything on this. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Considering this problem is related to Server Manager, we'll get a better chance asking for help in here:

Server Manager

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winservermanager/threads

Niko

Monday, November 19, 2012 5:25 AM
  • Any solution for this yet?
    Saturday, January 05, 2013 12:52 AM
  • This worked for me...

1. Open perfmon.exe on the server that is failing Performance counter refresh.  Verify a User Defined > Data Collector Set called "Server Manager Performance Monitor" is present.  If it is present and Stopped, then Start it.  If that data collector set is not present do the following:

2. Open an elevated command prompt on a Windows Server 20112 computer that does not log this error in Server Manager and Export the User Data Collector Set.

logman export -n "Server Manager Performance Monitor" -xml SMPM.xml

3. Edit the SMPM.xml in notepad and remove the entire section <Security>DSIDs</Security> and save the file.

4. Open an elevated command prompt on the computer where the Data Collector Set was deleted.

logman import -n "Server Manager Performance Monitor" -xml SMPM.xml

logman start "Server Manager Performance Monitor"

5. Back in Server Manager delete the failed task and click the Refresh button for All Servers

• Proposed as answer by johnb85022 Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:41 PM
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:49 PM
  • I had the same issue, I did the steps above. Fixed.

Just remember to use the elevated command, "Run as Administrator" for power shell is how I did it.

:)

JB johnb850@live.com

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:41 PM
  • Good one!

If this doesn't help for any reason, please follow the link to manually rebuild Performance Counter Library values.

##http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300956/en-us

• Edited by Dusty_ Monday, August 26, 2013 6:26 PM
    Monday, August 26, 2013 6:19 PM