Esteemed members of the Technet Forums,
I have been having trouble backing up from my computer to the server in the next room using the built-in windows backup software, it always comes up with Error Code: 0x8078012D. I have searched all the forum posts i could find on this and have not had any luck thus far, i have tried:
- Making sure all services associated with Windows backup have not been disabled.
- Disabling my anti-virus and then attempting to backup
- running "chkdsk /r"
- Performing a clean boot before attempting to backup
- Renaming the folder that contains the last backup (to something like "E:/WindowsImageBackupOLD")
- Closing all applications running in the background
- Disconnecting any peripheral devices not being used (USB's external HDDs etc.)
- Backing up to a Win7 machine instead of the server running SBS 08 (see edit)
If anyone has any other possible solutions, your input would be greatly appreciated.
EDIT: trying to backup from a Win7 machine to a server running SBS 08. Backing up to the local machine works fine its just backing up over the network when i get this error.