none
Group Policy Preferences 'Folder Options' error

Question

• Hi, I'm trying to push out file type using group policy preferences 'Folder options' - when I check the client I see this error.

The computer 'Rar' preference item in the '*****.com/UK/Town01/W7 Clients {BE2DA74F-3CE4-4686-93E0-735B6A3DDF91}' Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80004002 No such interface supported' This error was suppressed.

Cant seem to find a fix for this - any ideas ?

Thanks - Joe.

Friday, March 08, 2013 12:21 PM

Answers

• Are you doing item level targeting?  If so, remove that and see if that works.  Might be something in the filter.

Jay Parekh

• Marked as answer by Joebhoy Monday, March 11, 2013 12:21 PM
    Saturday, March 09, 2013 3:56 AM

All replies

• Are you doing item level targeting?  If so, remove that and see if that works.  Might be something in the filter.

Jay Parekh

• Marked as answer by Joebhoy Monday, March 11, 2013 12:21 PM
    Saturday, March 09, 2013 3:56 AM
  • hi, Yeah - I had item-level targetting pointing to one test machine. I removed the target as suggested and it works. Odd. Thanks for that tip.

Joe.

Thanks - Joe.

Monday, March 11, 2013 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

I’m glad to hear that you have resolved the issue and thanks for sharing your solution in the forum. If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be very happy to help.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:08 AM