none
KB2720211 Nightmare. Error 800B0001 all computers "Not yet reported"

Question

• This update has been a disaster.  I have had to force uninstall WSUS and reinstall from scratch.  It is the same server with the same name and IP address.  The WSUS server is back up and running and clients are showing in their target groups in the console, but none will show status of installed updates or update.  We have a 4 hour WSUS refresh period, but every client is listed as Last Status Report "Not yet reported" even after being left overnight.

I tried to check for updates manually at one Windows 7 64-bit client and the failure is Code 800B0001.

The Windows Update Client on the workstation had been "upgraded" when it first tried to connect to the updated WSUS server and now will not sync.  It looks like the workstation needs to be reverted back to the previous Windows update client, but there is no reference to this update in add/remove programs and system restore is failing.

What are other ways to put the original Windows 7 update client back on the workstation when system restore doesn't work? \

How can this client update be removed via command line?

• Edited by MyGposts Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:06 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:06 PM

Answers

• I has able to fix this by removing WSUS an additional time and starting over again.  I uninstalled WSUS using the instructions at the top of this forum, plus manually deleted the entire WSUS folder, reinstalled and reconfigured WSUS as new, synchronized updates, reinstalled 2720211 update over the top to fix whatever didn't install correctly the first time, rebooted and then computers started synchronizing again.  

If there weren't other services running on server besides WSUS that would need reinstallation and configuring, it would have been quicker to just blow away the whole system and reinstall the entire server with WSUS role than to spend so many hours troubleshooting this issue.

• Marked as answer by MyGposts Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:17 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:17 AM
  • Yes, pls don't delete the WSUS update repository or WSUS database when uninstallation.Make the slightest change.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:21 AM
  • MyGposts,

Thank you!  I did what you described and it fixed this issue for me.  After I uninstalled WSUS I also uninstalled/reinstalled IIS just for good measure.  I'll also note that I did not delete the WSUS update repository or WSUS database - I kept them around and reconnected the new WSUS installation to them and the problem still went away.  Thanks!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:20 AM
  • Issue had already been escalated to Microsoft Product Support Tea. Presently there is no resolution except to reinstall WSUS

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:47 AM

All replies

• I found a post that solved an 800B0001 issue for someone else by reregistering DLLS here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/uk/winserverwsus/thread/d5f82273-b269-47ed-8f70-cba3a853e617

net stop wuauserv 
    regsvr32 wuapi.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wups.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wuaueng.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wucltui.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wuweb.dll /s 
    regsvr32 msxml.dll /s 
    regsvr32 msxml2.dll /s 
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll /s 
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll /s 
    net start wuauserv 
    regsvr32 softpub.dll /s 
    regsvr32 initpki.dll /s 
    regsvr32 mssip32.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s 
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll /s 
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s 
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll /s 
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s 
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll /s 
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s 
    regsvr32 jscript.dll /s 

This did not solve the issue for me. Still get the same error.  I also tried the Microsoft automated update troubleshooter fixit tool linked to in Help and it said it fixed problems, but the problem remains.

I also tried deleting and the software distribution folder on the client and then restarting the windows update service on the client and it still fails.

Anyone else have other fixes for this issue?

• Edited by MyGposts Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:09 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:03 PM
  • I'm not even to where you are. How did you fix the issue from your previous post?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:27 PM
  • I'm not even to where you are. How did you fix the issue from your previous post?

I uninstall WSUS and the internal database and then removed the WindowsUpdates registry key and restarted the Windows Updates service and I was able to reinstall WSUS and reconfigure from scratch, but clients fail updating from WSUS, so it is not fixed.

Clients can update from Microsoft servers so it looks like there is still some problem with the WSUS server.

These logs from the workstation say everything is fine on the client, but Windows 7 clients immediately fail with error 800b0001 when trying to check for update from WSUS

=================================
    Checking System Update Readiness.
    Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
    Package Version 15.0
    2012-06-12 08:30

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 741
     No errors detected
    Customer Experience report successfully uploaded.  Thank you for participating.  For more information, see the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program on the Microsoft web site.

Package Version 15.0
    2012-06-12 13:21

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 721
     No errors detected
    Customer Experience report successfully uploaded.  Thank you for participating.  For more information, see the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program on the Microsoft web site.

Package Version 15.0
    2012-06-12 08:30

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 741
     No errors detected

Package Version 15.0
    2012-06-12 13:21

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 721
     No errors detected

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:01 PM
  • I has able to fix this by removing WSUS an additional time and starting over again.  I uninstalled WSUS using the instructions at the top of this forum, plus manually deleted the entire WSUS folder, reinstalled and reconfigured WSUS as new, synchronized updates, reinstalled 2720211 update over the top to fix whatever didn't install correctly the first time, rebooted and then computers started synchronizing again.  

If there weren't other services running on server besides WSUS that would need reinstallation and configuring, it would have been quicker to just blow away the whole system and reinstall the entire server with WSUS role than to spend so many hours troubleshooting this issue.

• Marked as answer by MyGposts Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:17 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:17 AM
  • MyGposts,

Thank you!  I did what you described and it fixed this issue for me.  After I uninstalled WSUS I also uninstalled/reinstalled IIS just for good measure.  I'll also note that I did not delete the WSUS update repository or WSUS database - I kept them around and reconnected the new WSUS installation to them and the problem still went away.  Thanks!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:20 AM
  • Yes, pls don't delete the WSUS update repository or WSUS database when uninstallation.Make the slightest change.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:21 AM
  • Issue had already been escalated to Microsoft Product Support Tea. Presently there is no resolution except to reinstall WSUS

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Found this link:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-CA/winserverwsus/thread/e918a191-ef6d-4c4b-b83a-7a4ae20a5217?prof=required

It mentions a resolution, One of colleague tried it on a machine where WSUS was installed on a SBS box and it fixed the issue!

Have forwarded it to Product Support Team.

Regards

Muhammad Adil

Senior SME- ConfigMgr Pro Team

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:55 AM
  • Thanks! This helped greatly, although it's not the way I think problems should be fixed (although reinstall is a Microsoft way of life!).
    Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:54 PM
  • WSUS KB2720211 : Common issues encountered and how to fix them - The WSUS Support Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/sus/archive/2012/06/20/wsus-kb272011-common-issues-encountered-and-how-to-fix-them.aspx
    Friday, June 22, 2012 5:14 PM
  • Call 1-800-Microsoft if you are still having issues and state you have issues with KB2720211.  If you have any issues getting a free call, email me at susan-at-msmvps.com
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:53 PM
  • Work for me!

After I Register all this dll, all the computers start Reporting to the WSUS.

I found a post that solved an 800B0001 issue for someone else by reregistering DLLS here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/uk/winserverwsus/thread/d5f82273-b269-47ed-8f70-cba3a853e617

net stop wuauserv 
    regsvr32 wuapi.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wups.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wuaueng.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wucltui.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wuweb.dll /s 
    regsvr32 msxml.dll /s 
    regsvr32 msxml2.dll /s 
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll /s 
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll /s 
    net start wuauserv 
    regsvr32 softpub.dll /s 
    regsvr32 initpki.dll /s 
    regsvr32 mssip32.dll /s 
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll /s 
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll /s 
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll /s 
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll /s 
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll /s 
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll /s 
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll /s 
    regsvr32 jscript.dll /s 

This did not solve the issue for me. Still get the same error.  I also tried the Microsoft automated update troubleshooter fixit tool linked to in Help and it said it fixed problems, but the problem remains.

I also tried deleting and the software distribution folder on the client and then restarting the windows update service on the client and it still fails.

Anyone else have other fixes for this issue?

Monday, November 12, 2012 3:19 PM
  • If the issue persists or re-occur...

Please follow the link AS-IS.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/thread/a47039d9-4d45-4a61-aa26-6100aeffc1f0

This helped me ... will surely help you as well.

Regards,

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:19 AM
  • Hi this problem fix

On Command Line (CMD) -> cd "%PROGRAMFILES%\Update Services\Tools"

1.- wsusutil configuressl your.full.fqdn.servername  (Example: srv1.contoso.local)
    2.- restart wsusservice
    3.- restart bits
    4.- iisreset

Two sync and fix problem.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:51 PM
  • Hello all,

This is a fairly old post, but I wanted to post this info somewhere other than my blog. Since this thread is what finally made me give in to just reinstalling, I figured this would be a good place.
    A quick FYI: forcefully uninstalling .NET framework 2.0 on an old Windows 2003 R2 server running WSUS is a fairly bad idea.

Here's my troubleshooting steps, and a solution.

The main problem? ASP.NET gets funky. I did not spend time trying to figure out why, but was very thorough in my below troubleshooting.

The problem presented itself as follows after reinstalling the .NET framework 2.0:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 5000
    Date: 9/16/2013
    Time: 4:54:27 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: WSUS_SERVER
    Description:
    EventType clr20r3, P1 wsusservice.exe, P2 3.1.6001.1, P3 4a7b8655, P4 system.configuration, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4889de74, P7 277, P8 14, P9 ioibmurhynrxkw0zxkyrvfn0boyyufow, P10 NIL.

1) reinstall and update .NET framework 2.0/3.5 SP1

2) Changed the name of the machine.config file within: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG and WSUS was able to restart

3) Update Service now remains running.

4) Running `"C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools\wsusutil.exe" checkhealth` now reports errors with:

Reporting web service
    API remoting
    server sync
    client web
    simpleauth
    dssauth

5) Compared settings against: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd939903%28v=ws.10%29

C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT
    C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT/ApiRemoting30 > "%userprofile%\desktop\apiremoting.out"
    C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT/ClientWebService > "%userprofile%\desktop\clientweb.out"
    C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT/Content > "%userprofile%\desktop\content.out"
    C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT/DssAuthWebService > "%userprofile%\desktop\dssauth.out"
    C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT/Inventory > "%userprofile%\desktop\inventory.out"
    C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT/ReportingWebService > "%userprofile%\desktop\reportingwebsvc.out"
    C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT/Selfupdate > "%userprofile%\desktop\selfupdate.out"
    C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT/ServerSyncWebService > "%userprofile%\desktop\serversync.out"
    C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs enum W3SVC/[site ID]/ROOT/SimpleAuthWebService > "%userprofile%\desktop\simpleauth.out"

API remoting:
    AuthFlags is 20 should be 21

Inventory:
    AppIsolated is not present, should be 2

But research turned up that these guys aren't too important.

6) Restarted all WSUS related stuff:

iisreset /stop
    net stop wsusservice
    ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
    net stop MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE
    ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
    net start MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE
    ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
    net start wsusservice
    iisreset /start

7) performed health check again (may take longer than usual as IIS is caching, etc):

"C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools\wsusutil.exe" checkhealth

8) Still reporting problems with the above sites.

9) reversed machine.config changes, but this just caused the original .NET framework 2.0 problem again!
    Isolated the necessary values to (cross referenced a stable and working WSUS server):

<sectiongroup name="system.runtime.serialization" type="System.Runtime.Serialization.Configuration.SerializationSectionGroup, System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="dataContractSerializer" type="System.Runtime.Serialization.Configuration.DataContractSerializerSection, System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">

<sectiongroup name="system.serviceModel" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceModelSectionGroup, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="behaviors" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.BehaviorsSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="bindings" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.BindingsSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="client" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ClientSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="comContracts" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ComContractsSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section allowdefinition="MachineOnly" allowexedefinition="MachineOnly" name="commonBehaviors" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.CommonBehaviorsSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="diagnostics" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.DiagnosticSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="extensions" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ExtensionsSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section allowdefinition="MachineOnly" allowexedefinition="MachineOnly" name="machineSettings" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.MachineSettingsSection, SMDiagnostics, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="serviceHostingEnvironment" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceHostingEnvironmentSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="services" type="System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServicesSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">

<sectiongroup name="system.serviceModel.activation" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.Configuration.ServiceModelActivationSectionGroup, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="diagnostics" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.Configuration.DiagnosticSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="net.pipe" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.Configuration.NetPipeSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
    <section name="net.tcp" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.Configuration.NetTcpSection, System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">

</section></section></section></sectiongroup></section></section></section></section></section></section></section></section></section></section></sectiongroup></section></sectiongroup>

10) Gave in and referred to eventid.net:
    a) give write access to %systemroot%\temp

11) restarted all WSUS related stuff:

iisreset /stop
    net stop wsusservice
    ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
    ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
    ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
    net start wsusservice
    iisreset /start

12) Referred to Microsoft's own Event assistance, beyond the previous check of the IIS site config, directory permissions appeared to be fine:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=.NET%20Framework&ProdVer=2.0.50727&EvtID=12012&EvtSrc=Windows%20Server%20Update%20Services&LCID=1033
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=.NET%20Framework&ProdVer=2.0.50727&EvtID=12002&EvtSrc=Windows%20Server%20Update%20Services&LCID=1033
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=.NET%20Framework&ProdVer=2.0.50727&EvtID=12022&EvtSrc=Windows%20Server%20Update%20Services&LCID=1033
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=.NET%20Framework&ProdVer=2.0.50727&EvtID=12042&EvtSrc=Windows%20Server%20Update%20Services&LCID=1033
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=.NET%20Framework&ProdVer=2.0.50727&EvtID=12052&EvtSrc=Windows%20Server%20Update%20Services&LCID=1033

13) Still reporting problems, plus now I'm seeing:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE
    Event Category: (2)
    Event ID: 17207
    Date: 9/16/2013
    Time: 6:48:49 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: WSUS_SERVER
    Description:
    FCB::RemoveAlternateStreams: Operating system error 6(The handle is invalid.) occurred while creating or opening file 'D:\wsus\db\\UpdateServicesDbFiles\SUSDB.mdf'. Diagnose and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation.

According to this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970878, it is non-consequential.

14) Reset password for IUSR_[WSUS SERVER HOSTNAME]k

15) verified all necessary logon rights are granted by utilizing runas to spawn cmd.exe as IUSR_[WSUS SERVER HOSTNAME]

16) Verified that the proper setting was set:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc708545%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
    a) added local ASPNET, local Network services and domain\wsus administrators full control to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Update Services\Server\Setup

17) cleared c:\Program Files\Update Services\LogFiles\SoftwareDistribution.log

18) Restarted all WSUS related stuff:

iisreset /stop
    net stop wsusservice
    ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
    ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
    ping 127.0.0.1 > NUL
    net start wsusservice
    iisreset /start

19) Modified post volume (where the WSUS DB is located) mount boot script to include the following:

iisweb.vbs /start "WSUS Administration"
    iisweb.vbs /start "Default Web Site"

20) "C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools\wsusutil.exe" checkhealth and problem persists as:

2013-09-16 17:43:37.814 UTC Error WsusService.10 HmtWebServices.CheckReportingWebService Reporting WebService WebException:System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Reporting.WebService.Ping(Int32 pingLevel)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckReportingWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckReportingWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HealthMonitoringTasks.ExecuteSubtask(HealthMonitoringSubtask subtask, EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.Execute(EventLoggingType type)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HealthMonitoringTasks.Execute(EventLoggingType type)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HealthMonitoringThreadManager.Execute(Boolean waitIfNecessary, EventLoggingType loggingType)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HealthMonitoringThreadManager.LogEvents()
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.RemotingChannel.PrivateLogEvents()
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.RemotingChannel.LogEvents()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.ServerObjectTerminatorSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Lifetime.LeaseSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.ServerContextTerminatorSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossContextChannel.SyncProcessMessageCallback(Object[] args)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.DispatchMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, IMessage& replyMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.DispatchChannelSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RequestQueue.ProcessNextRequest(SocketHandler sh)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.BeginReadMessageCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcPort.AsyncFSCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOverlapped)
    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
    2013-09-16 17:43:37.814 UTC Error WsusService.10 HmtWebServices.CheckApiRemotingWebService ApiRemoting WebService WebException:System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ApiRemoting.Ping(Int32 pingLevel)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckApiRemotingWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckApiRemotingWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HealthMonitoringTasks.ExecuteSubtask(HealthMonitoringSubtask subtask, EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.Execute(EventLoggingType type)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HealthMonitoringTasks.Execute(EventLoggingType type)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HealthMonitoringThreadManager.Execute(Boolean waitIfNecessary, EventLoggingType loggingType)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HealthMonitoringThreadManager.LogEvents()
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.RemotingChannel.PrivateLogEvents()
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.RemotingChannel.LogEvents()
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.ServerObjectTerminatorSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.ServerContextTerminatorSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossContextChannel.SyncProcessMessageCallback(Object[] args)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.DispatchMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage msg, IMessage& replyMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.DispatchChannelSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RequestQueue.ProcessNextRequest(SocketHandler sh)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.BeginReadMessageCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcPort.AsyncFSCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOverlapped)
    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
    2013-09-16 17:43:37.814 UTC Error WsusService.10 HmtWebServices.CheckServerSyncWebService ServerSync WebService WebException:System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.Ping(Int32 pingLevel)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckServerSyncWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckServerSyncWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    2013-09-16 17:43:37.814 UTC Error WsusService.10 HmtWebServices.CheckClientWebService Client WebService WebException:System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ClientWebService.Client.Ping(Int32 pingLevel)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckClientWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckClientWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    2013-09-16 17:43:37.814 UTC Error WsusService.10 HmtWebServices.CheckSimpleAuthWebService SimpleAuth WebService WebException:System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.SimpleAuthWebService.SimpleAuth.Ping(Int32 pingLevel)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckSimpleAuthWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckSimpleAuthWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    2013-09-16 17:43:37.830 UTC Error WsusService.10 HmtWebServices.CheckDssAuthWebService DssAuth WebService WebException:System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DssAuthWebService.DssAuthWebService.Ping(Int32 pingLevel)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckDssAuthWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)
    at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.HealthMonitoring.HmtWebServices.CheckDssAuthWebService(EventLoggingType type, HealthEventLogger logger)

21) Decided to uninstall WSUS without uninstalling the DB, the logs, or the downloaded updates. see: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/32b7bdac-be20-4d93-ac17-1d9fb3bbdfd8/kb2720211-nightmare-error-800b0001-all-computers-not-yet-reported
    I do not believe this problem to be an IIS issue, as most of the previous steps covered IIS related errors (including directory permissions, etc).
    I do believe the problem to have arisen due to the fact that I forcefully uninstalled .NET framework 2.0, affecting the backend functioning of the site and ASP.NET.

I uninstalled through add/remove programs.
    Reinstalled via: www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5216

During reconfig, I directed updates and DB to the EXPLICIT directories I had used previously (parents of UpdateServicesPackages&WsusContent and UpdateServicesDbFiles respectively), and installed into an alternate site (not the "default web site") also as previously.
    • Edited by mbrownnyc Monday, September 16, 2013 6:44 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 6:41 PM