none
Hardware compatibility list Hyper-v 8

Question

• Hello,

I have an Asus KGPE-D16 with 2 onboard Intel 82574L NIC's

I installed Windows Server 8 Beta Hyper-v (Version 6.2.8250)

After install i got the message that there is no active network adapter found.
    I downloaded the windows server 2008 r2 drivers from the intel site and installed the drivers with pnputil.
    Rebooted the server but stil no NIC's available.
    I'm looking for the HWQL for Windows Server 8 Beta Hyper-v to find out if my nic's are supported.
    I used this same config with 2008 R2 Hyperv core edition and this worked fine, i know this is no garantie for working with a new OS.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to any reactions.

Dorian Groenewegen

Dorian Groenewegen

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As Windows Server 8 is still in beta release, it seems that the hardware compatibility list is not available at this moment.

By the way, you can check the following link to check the compatible devices.

In addition, some devices worked under Windows Server 2008 R2 may not work under Windows Server 8, please contact the vendor or the manufacturer of the device to check whether they have any update for the driver. Thanks for your understanding.

Vincent Hu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As Windows Server 8 is still in beta release, it seems that the hardware compatibility list is not available at this moment.

By the way, you can check the following link to check the compatible devices.

In addition, some devices worked under Windows Server 2008 R2 may not work under Windows Server 8, please contact the vendor or the manufacturer of the device to check whether they have any update for the driver. Thanks for your understanding.

Vincent Hu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

i have the problem that sometimes network connection is lost with Intel 82574L

After Server 8 Beta installation (2 hyperv v3 hosts) NICs seems to be correctly installed with built-in drivers, however network speed is horrable slow and sometimes network connection is completely lost.

Does anyone know a working driver or some other workaround?

Thanks.

Regards,

ckuever
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:48 PM