none
Identity Management of Unix just stoped working

Question

• Two windows 2008 servers with Identity Management for Unix and about four linux NIS servers that get account info pushed to them.  I noticed a few days ago that when I added a user they would not get the NIS groups that I added them to.  Older accounts I can added NIS info to and remove groups but new accounts I can't.  I did patch the server a few weeks back but was not sure if anyone know of a patch that kill Identity Management of Unix ?

Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

If you can, try restore the server to an earlier point before these patches were applied.

After that, re-install these patches one at a time. After each patch, restart the server and check if you can add NIS info to the accounts. When the problem occurs again, the last patch we installed is the culprit.

Please call Microsoft customer support service (CSS) so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site http://support.microsoft.com/contactus

Thanks
    Zhang

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:20 AM