none
Group Policy Issue

Question

• khan19

We have Domain base Environment windows server 2008 R2 and on client Side windows 7 Professional(64bit),when we Deploy a Group Policy,for example,Hide Control from Client Machines.Group Policy is Properly Linked and Enforced When one user login on  machine at Lab,Policy is being implemented and he found no Control Panel icon in his start menu,but if the same user logon on some other machine,Control Panel is there in the start menu,what may be the issue that on one machine when a user logon Policy is being Implemented while on different machine for the same user Policy is not implemented.I tried gpupdate/force on both server/client side,Log off and  restart client machine but still the problem exist.I will be  Really grateful for any help/Solution ???

Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which group policy setting did you define?

Baris Kayaturk

Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:58 PM
  • Did yo link this policy to the correct user account or mitakenly to the computer accounts? Run GPRESULT on the client machine, to check what policies (if any) have been applied.

We have group policy item called “Prohibit access to the Control Panel”. If you enable this policy setting, you prevent Control.exe from
    starting, it also removes Control Panel from the Start menu, and Windows Explorer.

You can configure it at: User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\ Prohibit access to the Control Panel

For more information please refer to following MS articles:

Group Policy Settings for Control Panel
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617167%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:00 AM
  • Yes the same Policy being implemented but as i mentioned that when one user login at one machine the Policy is being implemented while the same user when login on some other machine in the Domain the Policy is not being implemented. what may be the Possible reason reason

khan19

• Edited by khan19 Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:56 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:47 AM