none
TS Printer Redirection problem

Question

• Hi all,

I am facing an issue with TS printer redirection (printer port).

The machine is running on server 2003 r2. User connected with windows 7 and the driver is already installed on the server. The client is able to see and interact with the printer on the server but not able to print anything. The print dialog is fine but nothing is being printed.

After examination on the event_log, I found a strange TS port assigned for that particular user and particular printer: (the printer port is assigned to "TS134" in printer properties but assign to a folder in the event log) Please Help. Thanks.

Document 48, owned by <UserID> was printed on HP LaserJet P4014/P4015 PCL6 (from <MachineName>) in session 14 via port C:\Exceed\DICKIES\TS12. Size in bytes: 0; pages printed: 1

• Edited by yswai1986 Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:41 AM correction user's windows version
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried a different driver? Perhaps a PCL5 instead of PCL 6 driver? Pls try to uninstall this printer driver,and then use a HP universal driver to see whether it works.You can contact the HP printer support to see whether they can provide you with the latest driver.

regards,

Clarence

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:14 AM
  • Hi Clarence,

Thanks for the feedback, but your method didn't resolve the problem.

The weird thing is, the user experiencing this issue is able to print after i've deleted his user profile folder under "C:\documents and settings" folder.

I am suspecting the ts printer port causing the problem. Any ideas?

• Edited by yswai1986 Friday, December 14, 2012 11:10 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 11:09 AM