none
group Policy client service failed the logon. Access is denied

Question

• hey ,

we are running Terminal Servers on windows 2008 R2 ,we are using roaming profile,some of users are getting the error when they are trying to connect o Terminal Server

ERROR :

group
    Policy client service failed the logon. Access is denied”

please advise to resolve this issue .

Muzammil Ubaray

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Whether you are using Citrix products in your terminal environment?

In some cases, after you log off from the remote desktop session to Terminal Server, changes to the user profile are not saved correctly on the profile server, and the user profile is corrupted.

There is a workaround you can refer to do:
    1. Add the User to local Administrator Group on the Server where they have Profile Folders.
    2. Delete the profile and let the user create the profile during next logon.

Technology changes life……

Monday, February 13, 2012 8:05 PM
  •  hey ,

I am using Microsoft Terminal services and i cant give admin rights to the users .

Muzammil Ubaray

Friday, February 24, 2012 5:04 PM
  • Try this.

1. Open registry branch HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\

2. Identify and remove branches for users with problems by path to profile

3. move roaming profile files

4. reboot the server.

Profile would be recreated. Files from corrupted folder must be returned manually

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:05 PM
  • Dear Roman ,

First thing is that i cant reboot by server during production hrs  and the problem is not with all the user's , some of user's are facing that problem , i took out solution to change their profile name but i think this is not the appropriate solution .i just want to know why i am getting this problem and what its remedy . ill post the error when i logged into he server from administrator .

Muzammil Ubaray

Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:41 PM
  • We are experiencing same problem with few users a day after we upgraded to windows 2008R2 \ Citrix XenApp 6. Deleting TS roaming profile fixes the problem but this is not a solution that we are looking to implement. We are currently testing following MS hotfix KB2622802.

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:28 PM
  • Hi Datka ,

could you please confirm if issue has been resolved with installing MS hotfix KB2622802.

We are also experiencing the same issue .

Manoj Godiyal System Admin TechMahindra Ltd India.

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Same problem here, in large numbers that appear to be increasing
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:17 PM
  • worked for me, but the account lost SQL Server access rights. At least, I got access to the machine.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:54 AM
  • Cant belive its been a year already,

On my citrix servers with windows TS roaming profiles it is still happening even after having KB2622802 it made no difference, to mention more I have been running REMProf 1.0 as a startup script to  remove rare stock roaming profiles since delprof does not exist anymore. Anyway i'm getting fed up with this.

I have following plan to in mind.

1. Uninstall EdgeSight agents and monitor,

2. Disable AV real time protection for a few days and monitor,

3. Finally install New Microsoft KB 2775511: An
    enterprise hotfix rollup is available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008
    R2 SP1
     on CTX and infrastructure servers and monitor.

I'll be posting here.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:43 AM
  • Friday, January 10, 2014 5:04 PM
  • Hi,

User home folder is not getting mapped,  map the home folder to that user by logging in with a local ID to the Server (Map the home folder using user credentials by selecting ''connect using different credentials'' ) also delete the user profile list from registry.

Monday, March 10, 2014 8:41 PM