none
Microsoft Windows Network: No more connections can be made to this remote computer

Question

• hi all,

I have a windows 7 pro machine on the domain - the server is just sbs 2003

this has worked fine for quite some time now, however yesterday a user was unable to access network drives and email via outlook connecting to exchange on the server. The error below is received when trying to open the mapped drive

Microsoft Windows Network: No more connections can be made to this remote computer

The windows 7 pro machine is a desktop computer in the same physical location as the server - no vpn connections etc are being used here, no RDP sessions etc

Has anyone ever come across this before?

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, February 22, 2013 8:13 AM

Answers

• other users can log into the same machine and they can access the network fine

this is not an issue from other machines on the network - its isolated to this one machine only

I haver rejoined the domain but this did not make any difference

We can suspect that its a user issue.

• If it is domain user account. Ask user login in to the other client machine and ask him to access network share & email etc.? 

Regards, Ravikumar P

Friday, February 22, 2013 10:06 AM

All replies

• From the same machine, any other user can able login and access network resources (like shared drives, email etc.)
    • I suspect its a network issue try to ping the DC/domain FQDN /DNS sever with host name & with IP and check for connectivity.
    • If all users face same issue means, set proper IP settings, rejoin windows 7 client machine to domain again and check for the difference.

Regards, Ravikumar P

Friday, February 22, 2013 8:33 AM
  • other users can log into the same machine and they can access the network fine

this is not an issue from other machines on the network - its isolated to this one machine only

Friday, February 22, 2013 8:47 AM

We can suspect that its a user issue.

• If it is domain user account. Ask user login in to the other client machine and ask him to access network share & email etc.? 

Regards, Ravikumar P

Friday, February 22, 2013 10:06 AM