none
WDS to offline switch/lab deployment scenario

Question

• Hi, what i need is for my wds images to install directly from the 2nd nic of my 2008 r2 server to an offline gig switch and then down to the computers connected to that switch. Right now it works fine doing normal pxe booting off of our network as plugged into the corporate lan on nic one, because wds has to be on the domain its my understanding that the corp nic has to stay plugged in, so again i just want to send it to an offline gig switch from the second nic
    Friday, June 01, 2012 3:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Just like the figure below:

Even you did it for the send NIC, WDS is based on the networking installation, so the clients still reply on the networking transfer to download the images.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 04, 2012 6:58 AM

All replies

• Enable dhcp pxe on the 2nd nic. It wont be offline.

Why do you want this configuration?

Blog: http://scriptimus.wordpress.com/

Friday, June 01, 2012 6:48 PM
  • how can i enable it? here what i tried, i set that card to a static subnet 10.5.1.xxx, then i created a dhcp scope and tried to bind it to that nic card. But it still doesnt work? Am i not doing it right, how exactly can i enable dhcp pxe on that nic

doing it this way because we only have 10/100 switches at corporate HQ so we need it to install off of the main netowrk

Friday, June 01, 2012 9:56 PM
  • Hi,

Just like the figure below:

Even you did it for the send NIC, WDS is based on the networking installation, so the clients still reply on the networking transfer to download the images.

Regards,
    James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 04, 2012 6:58 AM