none
failed to start worker process: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. (0x80070569

Question

• We just rebuilt our machine with server 2012, and it was working flawlessly and then randomly it started giving me this error if i would try to start up a machine. At first this was just an annoyance but now it is worrying me greatly. I have tried everything from logging on as the domain admin account to the actual server administrator account. Nothing seems to start these machines up, and I need them to start.

'Computer1' failed to start worker process: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. (0x80070569). 

Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• I've seen similar errors where you had to remove and reinstall the Hyper-V role.  This almost always came after someone rebuilt a serveror did something else in regards to reconfiguring the server.

tim

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:08 PM
  • You mentioned "rebuilt"

So I am thinking AD now.  And computer accounts.

Since there are many ways to 'rebuild' I am going to try not to assume how, but rather plant the seed of the AD join not being totally clean or hte computer account not being properly sync'd, or the computer security password being incorrect.

I have seen this when recovering machines, or re-using computer accounts and giving a re-built box the same name as the previous server and 're-using' the computer account object in AD.

So you might need to unjoin, delete the computer account, and re-join.

What has been attempted so far?

Brian Ehlert
    http://ITProctology.blogspot.com
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.
    Disclaimer: Attempting change is of your own free will.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:10 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm what is the current situation? Have you resolved the problem?

If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we will be happy to help.

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as 'Answered' as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we'd love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:21 AM
  • I had similar problem with a VM. After removing all snapshots, disabling and enabling NIC the machine was able to start without the fix from http://justinho.com...

I don't know if its relevant, but VM was virtualized from physical server using disk2vhd utility.

Friday, May 03, 2013 3:57 AM