none
Active Directory on Windows 2012

Question

• I have a domain security group in the domain 2012. I would want the group to be populated dynamically by all the users who are logged to the domain and dynamically, a user is removed from the group after logging out of the domain. Is this possible?

Friday, March 21, 2014 7:07 AM

All replies

• How would this be different that the one that is already there known as Domain Users?  When a user logs into a domain, they are placed into the Domain Users group.

Maybe if you gave a description of what you are trying to accomplish instead of how you are trying to do it, we could provide more assistance.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Friday, March 21, 2014 9:38 PM
  • Sorry for taking much time with my response, I was out of town. We are running squid proxy. Our domain users do not log to the domain. We need to force them to log by denying internet access when the log on locally. To do this, a dynamically populated group called 'Proxy Access' needs to be populated with everyone who logs to the domain and remove the username from the group when the user logs out. The 'Proxy Access' group is then used to provide rights to access the net.

When a user does not log to the domain and attempts to access the net, the system prompts for the username and password. We need to replace this with an error message saying 'You need to log to the domain for you access internet'.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:58 PM