none
I can't access shared resource on the network nor connect RDP from the server

General discussion

• Hi,

I have a Windows 2003 Server, and I can't see shared folders on the network, I can't see other computers on My Network Places, and I can't initiate Remote Desktop Connections from the server. The ping to the PC-s on the network is OK.

This problem is a few weeks old and every time appears on Monday morning, after the weekend. After the server restart everything is back to normal till next Monday.

PS: The server is member of a workgroup.

Please help!

Thank you!

Edit: Now I can see that i can't browse myself also (eg. the server ip - \\192.168.100.1); it tells me that windows cannot find \\192.168.100.1 .........

• Edited by E Cristi Monday, March 26, 2012 10:35 AM
    • Changed type Tiger Li Monday, April 02, 2012 8:30 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2012 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hello

You have mentioned that you cannot initiate RDP from the server, are you able RDP to that server from anyother server?

Are you able to RDP to itself?

Try to do RDP to localhost and share the result

Monday, March 26, 2012 3:37 PM
  • Yes that is correct, make sure you can RDP to self first
    Monday, March 26, 2012 3:40 PM
  • Hi E Cristi,

Thanks for posting here.

Do we have windows built-in firewall enabled on this server ? and also any other security software (antivirus , firewall form third parties).
    Could we also try to test by booting server into safe mode with networking and see if we can still access it .

Enable or Disable the Remote Desktop Firewall Rule
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736451(WS.10).aspx

Enabling and Disabling Windows Firewall
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778563(WS.10).aspx

Any warring/error form event viewer is also apperceived to post here for further investigation.

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:32 AM