none
Windows 7 rdp session get kicked out

Question

• I ahve a number of Win7 64 bit boxes that connect ove a T1 to Windows 2008 RDS.  They get kicked off when the session is idle and sometimes when they are runnijng an app on the RDS server.  Noticed it was happening to 7 xp boxes and 2 Win 7 boxes were rock solid, so I replaced the 7 XP boxes with the 64 bit Win 7 ones.  Some od the new Win 7 users are still geting kicked out.  They all sign into RDS as the same user name so I do not think it's a user issue. Any suggestions where to start looking? routers, switches, client pc????
    Friday, September 10, 2010 3:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you check couple of things?

1. Since you mention. all users sign into RDS as the same user name, can you check "Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration" snap-in on the server and verify that "Restrict each user to single session" is set to "No". If it is set to "Yes", change it to "No" and see if that solves the problem.

2. If it doesnt solve the problem, can you check event logs for any events being logged when the users are kicked out?

Friday, September 10, 2010 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you check couple of things?

1. Since you mention. all users sign into RDS as the same user name, can you check "Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration" snap-in on the server and verify that "Restrict each user to single session" is set to "No". If it is set to "Yes", change it to "No" and see if that solves the problem.

2. If it doesnt solve the problem, can you check event logs for any events being logged when the users are kicked out?

Friday, September 10, 2010 4:10 PM
  • Noticed that after I installed kaspersky on the pc that still stayed connected, they started getting kicked off. Kaspersky had me turn the firewall portion off on the pc since they are behind a hardware firewall and the test subject remained connected all thru the day Tuesday.  Waiting to hear fromm him about today's events.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:21 PM