none
Event ID 4377 equivalent in 2008R2

Question

• Hi All,

Would be grateful if someone could share the equivalent of event id 4377 in 2008r2 , i jus want to know who has installed the patches or hotfix in 2008r2.in 2003 and 2000 you have an option to filter by ntservice pack or 4377 events . its not there from 2008 , someone please help me on this.

Friday, December 07, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Its event id 19 .
    Friday, December 07, 2012 3:21 PM
  • As you said equivalent Event ID in windows server 2008 is Event ID:19 and details are as follows.

Event Id 19
    Source Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient
    Description Installation successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: %1
    Event Information According to Microsoft :http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/cc735630(en-us,WS.10).aspx
    Cause
    This event is logged when Windows successfully installed the update.
    Resolution
    This is a normal condition. No further action is required.

Note:Detailed explanation for future reference and I feel its useful to others who read it.

Regards, Ravikumar P

Friday, December 07, 2012 6:26 PM
  • BUT THIS EVENT DISPLAYS ONLY THE INSTALLED UPDATE AND NOT WHO INSTALLED THE UPDATE , IS THERE A WAY TO FIGURE IT OUT ???

Friday, December 07, 2012 6:51 PM
  • BUT THIS EVENT DISPLAYS ONLY THE INSTALLED UPDATE AND NOT WHO INSTALLED THE UPDATE , IS THERE A WAY TO FIGURE IT OUT ???

Please see the answer from Bruce-Liu from the discussion given below

what event id identifies what user installed windows patches? win 2008 r2.

Also, please do not use all capital letters while posting.

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate TextVote As Helpful & click on Alternate TextMark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Friday, December 07, 2012 7:22 PM
  • Windowsupdate.log file holds good when you install patches through windows update , but what when you push patches through SCCM or opsware aka HPSA . HP opsware in my case.
    Friday, December 07, 2012 7:45 PM
  • Windowsupdate.log file holds good when you install patches through windows update , but what when you push patches through SCCM or opsware aka HPSA . HP opsware in my case.

You might get more inputs in SCCM and HP Opsware forums.

In case of SCCM, you need to analyse the logs

List of Log Files in Configuration Manager 2007

Troubleshooting SCCM Part III ...Software Updates

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Friday, December 07, 2012 8:17 PM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards

Kevin
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:46 AM