none
"This network location can't be included because it is not indexed."

Question

• Hi there,

I just setup a virtualized RDS Server in my SBS 2011 Domain. The domain has RedirectedFolders setup and all my users are able to see their own documents, pictures, etc. in the libraries.

The problem I'm having is when I go to add shared documents as library locations on the RDS Server. On my Win 7 Pro machines this works fine. Each user has their own redirected documents (\\companysbs\RedirectedFolders\User\Documents) and then depending on their position in the company a Public shared document folder (\\companysbs\Public\Documents). On the 2008 R2 RDS Server I get the following error when I go to add the Public shares.

"This network location can't be included because it is not indexed."

I know indexing is working because I can test it on the Windows 7 machines. Furthermore when I manually add the folders to the Library by editing the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms and add the shares they appear to be working and indexing properly.

<searchConnectorDescription>

<isSupported>true</isSupported>

<simpleLocation>

<url>\\companysbs\Public\Documents</url>

</simpleLocation>

</searchConnectorDescription>

Should I continue to add these folders manually?

Is there any way to make it so the "network location not indexed" error goes away?

Thanks,

Kevin

Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:29 PM

Answers