none
Activating Visio 2010 Premium via existing KMS Server

Question

• Recently I have a KMS Server which running with no problem and activating Windows 7s and Office 2010s. KMS Server running on Windows 2008R2 Domain Controller.

Now I would like to include and activate Visio 2010 Premium software via same KMS Server. ( I do have KMS key for this product)

Could you complete following steps please as I don't wanna break or overwrite existing KMS server!

1- slmgr.vbs /ipk AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE
    2- ????
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:49 PM

Answers

• Hello ICBL,
    did you already read this useful MSDN BlogVolume Activation for Visio 2010 Explained...

"...The Office Software Protection Platform script (ospp.vbs script) enables you to configure volume editions of Office 2010 client products. With this script, you can change which keys are used for specific Visio 2010 installations. This is the command you can use to change the key:

cscript ospp.vbs /inpkey:<Visio key>

For more information on how to use this script, see this article (Tools to configure client computers in Office 2010on TechNet. ..."

...And also this TechNet Forums thread: How to add KMS for Visio 2010.

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. | Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on "Vote As Helpful" & click on "Mark As Answer" if a post answers your question.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hello ICBL,
    did you already read this useful MSDN BlogVolume Activation for Visio 2010 Explained...

"...The Office Software Protection Platform script (ospp.vbs script) enables you to configure volume editions of Office 2010 client products. With this script, you can change which keys are used for specific Visio 2010 installations. This is the command you can use to change the key:

cscript ospp.vbs /inpkey:<Visio key>

For more information on how to use this script, see this article (Tools to configure client computers in Office 2010on TechNet. ..."

...And also this TechNet Forums thread: How to add KMS for Visio 2010.

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. | Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on "Vote As Helpful" & click on "Mark As Answer" if a post answers your question.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:45 PM
  • Hi,

Could you kindly confirm that my existing KMS keys (for Office 2010 and Windows 7) activation will not be effected please?

Friday, May 17, 2013 8:19 AM
  • Hello ICBL,
    Office 2010 and Windows 7 have different key, so they shouldn't be affected.
    In general it useful to perfom tests on LAB Environment before applying on Production.

Bye,
    Luca

Monday, May 20, 2013 10:11 AM
  • Hi,

if your KMShost is already issuing activations for Office2010, there is no need to configure it any further, it can already issue activations for Visio2010.
    The edition of Visio2010 (STD/PRO/PREM) is controlled by the KMSclient product key, not controlled by the KMShost product key.

An Office2010 KMShost can issue activations for all Office 2010 suites and products with a single KMShost product key.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, May 20, 2013 10:35 AM