none
Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate Essentials product key is not working

Question

• I am trying to install server 2012 trial and its asking for a product key.

I downloaded "9200.16384.WIN8_RTM.120725-1247_X64FRE_SERVER_EVAL_EN-US-HRM_SSS_X64FREE_EN-US_DV5" make bootable USB via Microsoft Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool and trying to install from boot as clean installation. I also tried via UI but in both case result is same.

There was not key on the media after i burned the ISO I downloaded from microsft and no email for trial key.

it will not go past this point to install. what is a resolution?

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:46 PM

Answers

I downloaded "9200.16384.WIN8_RTM.120725-1247_X64FRE_SERVER_EVAL_EN-US-HRM_SSS_X64FREE_EN-US_DV5" make bootable USB via Microsoft Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool and trying to install from boot as clean installation. I also tried via UI but in both case result is same.

There was not key on the media after i burned the ISO I downloaded from microsft and no email for trial key.

Uhh, use the correct image.  :)  You're using a Win8 RTM image, not 2012 Essentials RC.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:13 PM
  • I think the point being made is that in your screen shot above it says "Windows 8 Setup" and not Server 2012 Essentials. I suggest you download the Trial version of Server Essentials that was released for evaluation yesterday.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:14 PM
  • The last 5 digits should be "2YPP2" for the Release Candidate, not as you have it.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, October 13, 2012 8:40 PM

All replies

Uhh, use the correct image.  :)  You're using a Win8 RTM image, not 2012 Essentials RC.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:13 PM
  • Thanks for reply. I am using correct Image. I downloaded from below images and its same with all.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/hh708764

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/windows-server/trial.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/jj659306.aspx?wt.mc_id=TEC_133_1_14

Could you please let me know correct image if I am downloading wrong one?

Thanks

• Edited by kp39 Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:59 AM
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:58 AM
  • I think the point being made is that in your screen shot above it says "Windows 8 Setup" and not Server 2012 Essentials. I suggest you download the Trial version of Server Essentials that was released for evaluation yesterday.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:14 PM
  • The last 5 digits should be "2YPP2" for the Release Candidate, not as you have it.

Saturday, October 13, 2012 8:40 PM