none
ntbackup for Windows 2008 R2

Question

• Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

all google results keeps pointing to KB974674 but when applied it would say this is not for your system. I did download from the link that says x64.

I have already managed to enable RSM thru server manager and only needs NTBACKUP to restore from tape.

appreciate any help.

Monday, September 09, 2013 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in the forum.

Please understand that the Windows NT Backup Restore Utility supports Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit, if you have downloaded the right version, this will work without any issue. Please verify the file you downloaded and reinstall it again to see if it could work. In addition, we could also refer to the following article to install NTBackup on Windows Server 2008 R2. Hope this helps.

Installing NTBackup on Windows 7 / 2008 R2

http://smallvoid.com/article/win7-ntbackup-install.html

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:25 AM
  • Hi, we are using Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise (64bit) and have reverified three times the file downloaded and reinstalled three times also. no luck.

I have also followed the link provided to install NTBackup and when run, it just hangs (you can see it in Task Manager only).

btw, is it normal for RSM to also hang when clicked? (from Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Storage)

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:28 AM