none
Bitbucket Registry Settings in Windows 2008 Server

Question

• So, I want to programmatically change the recycle bin size from 10% to 5% of the current hard drive size (I am ware of how to do this in the gui, I'm not looking for that information).

Under the reg path:

Computer\HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BitBucket\Volume

are two keys: {9da97b4c-32a2-11df-aa46-00155deabe06}, {d97b25e1-2bac-11df-bb77-806e6f6e6963}

it appears one for each hard drive on my machine.  Does anyone know how these values are created? 

If I can figure that out, I can recreate the keys with different values in my script. 

Thanks

Tim

Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Timothy2K

Thanks for post here

As my research this string is the globally unique identifier (GUID) of the device. You can query it by Drivers Manger Consol (Drivers properties, Details tab, and select the "Device class GUID" in Property and then it will show in the Value) .it was assigned by the device’s driver program

For how to get the driver’s GUID in program, it is recommend you to get further support in the MSDN Forum so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents.Thanks.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

• Marked as answer by Tiger Li Monday, April 12, 2010 2:53 AM
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 6:43 AM

All replies

• Or, does anyone out there know how to tie those values to the physical disk it's using the bitbucket space on? Information on even that will help.

*I know the first value is the D drive and the second is the C (system) drive, but I am looking to do this programatically.

Thanks

Tim

Friday, April 02, 2010 2:05 PM
  • Hi Timothy2K

Thanks for post here

As my research this string is the globally unique identifier (GUID) of the device. You can query it by Drivers Manger Consol (Drivers properties, Details tab, and select the "Device class GUID" in Property and then it will show in the Value) .it was assigned by the device’s driver program

For how to get the driver’s GUID in program, it is recommend you to get further support in the MSDN Forum so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents.Thanks.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

• Marked as answer by Tiger Li Monday, April 12, 2010 2:53 AM
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 6:43 AM
  • Hi,

Please feel free to let us know if the information was helpful to you.

Thanks

Tiger

Monday, April 12, 2010 2:31 AM