none
Windows 8 Pro RDP "This computer can't connect to the remote computer"

Question

• Hi,

I'm a newbie to RDP and Windows 8.

In my home-based network, I have three computers, two laptops and a desktop.  All recently upgraded from Win7-Home Premium to Windows 8 Pro.

I want to Remote Desktop from the laptops to the desktop, but BOTH report the same error message "This computer can't connect to the remote computer".

However, I can RDP FROM the desktop to each laptop, so I know the network is good.

I've tried disabling the Norton firewall on both, to no effect.  I am using an 'administrator' login for the desktop system but it fails before it gets to any login screens.

I found two errors/warnings in the desktop log viewer that show up whenever I try to RDP into the desktop:

first in System Log-Error:  "A fatal error occurred when attempting to access the SSL server credential private key. The error code returned from the cryptographic module is 0x8009030D. The internal error state is 10001."

2nd Application Warning: "[**NST**][PID:404;TID:5404][The operation failed][FUNC=NSTSEC::NSTCNG::CNSTNCryptFuncsProxy::NST_SslOpenPrivateKey][FILE=..\NSTCNG\NSTNCryptFuncsProxy.cpp:LINE=626]"

ANy help would be appreciated.
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:22 PM

Answers

All replies